New member from Norway

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello fellow E9ers!
I bought a Tundra green 2800cs in 2017 (time flyes). I have been reading the forum since a year before then, but first now I made my self register and becoming not a "read only" member of this great community :) It had been in storage for 10 years when i got it so i had to put in a little work to get it to function properly. I dont know alot about the cars history, but i know i has been registered in the US and in Sweeden before it was imported to Norway. I got plenty of paper work with it, but haven't had the time to go through it yet.

As most E9's the car looked good with shiny paint, alpina wheels, alpina steering wheel, new recaros etc. But when i tried to get it registered, the periodic veichle control found rust (shocking, right?) around the subframe mounts and a leaking ZF gearbox ++ I was at the time also making some home improvements, so i put the car back in storage for almost 2 years. Then, in 2019, i welded in a new rear section of the inner and intermediate sill and changed the gearbox from ZF to Getrag 262 (which also leaked, but thats another story). I got the car roadworthy and i used it in 2020. In december 2020 i saw that the front fender was starting to stick out in the bottom so the door kept hitting it. I took of the sill cover and found some rust. Cut away a section of the outer sill and found some more. I'll make a project thread and let the pictures to the talking. Anyway, i started a mini resto in december and i hope to get it driveable again in May. Along the way i have bought to many parts and i will be posting some for sale ads when i get the chance. And a couple of WTB aswell. I'm a airport firefighter and an electrician, so this is only a hobby for me, so bare with me if i have stupid questions ;) I actually dont have many pics of it. And all of them are phone pics. But i'll post some randoms i have because I know you guys want to see it, and I want to show it!

Cheers!

20190419_212821.jpg

20180704_153107_resized.jpg

20200601_202059.jpg

20200810_215139.jpg

20200810_215218.jpg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Glad to have you with us...great pictures, the car looks pretty good already.
I have only been in Norway once, in '76, and had wonderful time. We were doing the usual backpacking thing typical of that era. My dad's parents were from Stavanger (immigrated to the US about the turn of the century), but we had an exchange student here, Nina, from Stavanger, who was best friends with the young lady that I dated, who was from Brighton, Sussex, England. We visited her family in England, and later in the month went to Norway; Oslo, Bergen, beloved Flam, and of course Stavanger. Got off the train around midnight, and boarded a bus towards a hostel that we had booked. The bus was full of sodden sailors, save five seats. My brother, his friend, and I , and at the last minute, two pretty young blonde girls, who took the two seats in front of us. Nina Helgevold (spelling?) and her sister. A city of maybe 400,000, and we run into them on the way home. Her family made us stay for three days with them, and I have never forgotten the generous hospitality. For Europe, give me Norway. Good food, culture, and people.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very nice Coupe. Well worth all of your efforts. Please check in here with thoughts about what you may wish to do with your car. Most likely, anything you are considering has all been done before and we can advise. Best of luck!

Adaptor

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to have you with us...great pictures, the car looks pretty good already.
I have only been in Norway once, in '76, and had wonderful time. We were doing the usual backpacking thing typical of that era. My dad's parents were from Stavanger (immigrated to the US about the turn of the century), but we had an exchange student here, Nina, from Stavanger, who was best friends with the young lady that I dated, who was from Brighton, Sussex, England. We visited her family in England, and later in the month went to Norway; Oslo, Bergen, beloved Flam, and of course Stavanger. Got off the train around midnight, and boarded a bus towards a hostel that we had booked. The bus was full of sodden sailors, save five seats. My brother, his friend, and I , and at the last minute, two pretty young blonde girls, who took the two seats in front of us. Nina Helgevold (spelling?) and her sister. A city of maybe 400,000, and we run into them on the way home. Her family made us stay for three days with them, and I have never forgotten the generous hospitality. For Europe, give me Norway. Good food, culture, and people.

Glad to hear you like Norway! If 76' was your last time here, it's about time for a new visit when this Covid19 thing has passed :) But if you visit us again, you should try travelling a bit further north. Especially if you like hiking in the mountains and nature. Heres a couple of pictures from my town and the area around it. My friend took third one, the rest is from the internett:

Ålesund:
Brosundet.jpeg

Ålesund.jpg

Norangsdalen:
Norangsdalen.jpg

Geiranger:
Geiranger.jpg

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
Hello fellow E9ers!
I bought a Tundra green 2800cs in 2017 (time flyes). I have been reading the forum since a year before then, but first now I made my self register and becoming not a "read only" member of this great community :) It had been in storage for 10 years when i got it so i had to put in a little work to get it to function properly. I dont know alot about the cars history, but i know i has been registered in the US and in Sweeden before it was imported to Norway. I got plenty of paper work with it, but haven't had the time to go through it yet.

As most E9's the car looked good with shiny paint, alpina wheels, alpina steering wheel, new recaros etc. But when i tried to get it registered, the periodic veichle control found rust (shocking, right?) around the subframe mounts and a leaking ZF gearbox ++ I was at the time also making some home improvements, so i put the car back in storage for almost 2 years. Then, in 2019, i welded in a new rear section of the inner and intermediate sill and changed the gearbox from ZF to Getrag 262 (which also leaked, but thats another story). I got the car roadworthy and i used it in 2020. In december 2020 i saw that the front fender was starting to stick out in the bottom so the door kept hitting it. I took of the sill cover and found some rust. Cut away a section of the outer sill and found some more. I'll make a project thread and let the pictures to the talking. Anyway, i started a mini resto in december and i hope to get it driveable again in May. Along the way i have bought to many parts and i will be posting some for sale ads when i get the chance. And a couple of WTB aswell. I'm a airport firefighter and an electrician, so this is only a hobby for me, so bare with me if i have stupid questions ;) I actually dont have many pics of it. And all of them are phone pics. But i'll post some randoms i have because I know you guys want to see it, and I want to show it!

Cheers!

View attachment 113735

View attachment 113736

View attachment 113737

View attachment 113738

View attachment 113740
Welcome. It’s nice to see another green machine. :)

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just beautiful.
Looking at the picture of Geiranger, it seems that Tundra should have been named Fjord in looking at the color of the water... :)