New Member from Western Australia

Harold996tt

Reaction score
Fantastic to see an Aussie flavored discussion on this forum.

I was melbourne based (now sydney), and have owned my E9, since I was 18 yo, (now 51, gulp), it was my first car! (like buying a dinged up, 16 year old 6 series today).

It was extensively mechanically restored by Ian at IDB in Richmond 15 years ago, all while Bill looked on, and offered valuable advice.

Engine is late m30b35, bored / stroked / ported / polished / cammed / high compression custom pistons, headers, mechanical advance distributor, triple matching number original italian webers (all tuned / jetted by powerplay in melbourne), itg custom air filter, oil cooler, brake booster delete (small bore master cylinder), manual steering, with mount reinforced 3.64 lsd, and 5 speed od box.

Bill R is an absolute legend, I know his car well, and it is a cracker.

Enjoy it,

Regards,

Mike
Hi Mike. It's been a long time coming but lots has happened and I've decided to bring the E9 to Sydney. I look forward to catching up with you when it's made the move!

Harold996tt

Reaction score
Fantastic to see an Aussie flavored discussion on this forum.

I was melbourne based (now sydney), and have owned my E9, since I was 18 yo, (now 51, gulp), it was my first car! (like buying a dinged up, 16 year old 6 series today).

It was extensively mechanically restored by Ian at IDB in Richmond 15 years ago, all while Bill looked on, and offered valuable advice.

Engine is late m30b35, bored / stroked / ported / polished / cammed / high compression custom pistons, headers, mechanical advance distributor, triple matching number original italian webers (all tuned / jetted by powerplay in melbourne), itg custom air filter, oil cooler, brake booster delete (small bore master cylinder), manual steering, with mount reinforced 3.64 lsd, and 5 speed od box.

Bill R is an absolute legend, I know his car well, and it is a cracker.

Enjoy it,

Regards,

Mike
Also what a cool story Mike about how long you have owned your E9. Can't wait to see it ....

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well- I’m buying an English to English translation book….

Over the moon?
Cracker?
Whilst?
Boot Lid?

Aussie Flavored?

What the hell guys- where we going with this?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We've a few others Don.
'"You can tell an American, you just can't tell them much." :D
"Built when meat was cheap."
"Stubby short of a six-pack."
"Blind as a welder's dog."
"All hat and no ranch." - think we stole that one from the US.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Harold, lets def catch up. At the moment, mine is at the healey factory in melb getting a full body, bare metal job... gulp. Then will be back in sydney