New member in East London

Dickie

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a new member living in East London and have owned my CSL for 5 years now.
I use the car as a daily driver and even picked up my wife from the hospital after giving birth to our daughter 8 months ago. After a 30 hour labour she said the scheel buckets were most comfortable. We have just bitten the bullit and bought a Y reg 525d touring but it's just not the same.
The cars getting on a bit now but as long as she goes I don't mind, I put in an engine and 5 speed box from an '86 M535i last year so she definately goes.
Anyhow, love the site and all you nutters, would love to do a convoy sometime with you lot in the UK.
Cheers
Dickie

Hey Dickie,

would be good to see some pics of the car. Very cool to see a csl used every day. Is your car golf yellow? I saw a golf yellow one in Bow a while back when i visited a garage there.

Regards,

Rohan

Welcome to the madness Dickie
There are a few folk south of Dundee :wink: with one or two nutters up here in Scotland!
Any chance of some pictures of your car?
Cheers
Malc

New Member E London

Hi Dickie,

I'm a new member too, but with a CSi. (See New member SE England, a week or two ago). Like you I suspect - young family commitments permitting - I would always try to come along to local events. Bear it in mind.

Regards

Roland

Hello chaps

Here's a link to some snaps of the engine swap. And a couple of the car.
The running order is wrong but basically involved realising I knew of an old M535i (not an M5 as badged) sitting in a barn in Oxford, being told the engine and gearbox were great but the body wasn't too good (result), then hammering it back to London with my next door neighbour who bought the rest of the car from me. By sheer chance my next door neighbour owns the other M535i in the shots, same year, same colour and from the same dealership (Chandlers of Brighton), coincidental world we live in eh?

Another slightly geeky fact (that I love), my postcode is E9 7AY, thats why I should either never move or sell the car.

Perhaps we could have a London meet sometime (sorry Malc).

Dickie

http://homepage.mac.com/dickiedawson/PhotoAlbum12.html

hi Dickie,

A mate of mine i used to work with lives in hackney. When ever he'd see me looking at e9coupe.com on my lunch breaks, he thought i was 'cruising' some seedy forum for the hackney area.

I also own a fjord blue CSL. I think that makes 4 now that i know of in the london area.

We definately need to try an arrange some sort of meet, what does everyone think about sunday 13th May?

James

I should have my Taiga green CSL back in a month or so and will be in Blackheath. Would be cool to meet up sometime in the summer!

Dickie
Just realised you must live virtually next door to me as my postcode is E9 7AS! Im in Meynell Crescent. However Im moving from there tomorrow to Blackheath!

Small world as they say.

Damn shame about the move, I'm on Balcorne St. Just round the corner.
It would be great to do a meet. Can't do 13th, my wife's god daughter's christening.
Does anyone want to suggest another time??

My current woe is that I'm trying to replace the gear selector gaitor but am having troubles removing the surround. Any tips anyone?

welcome to the forum, good to have a few more members this side of the pond. They are a great bunch of guys on here and I dont think I`ve ever seen any body ask for help and not receive it. The accumulative knowledge never stops amazing me.....
keep an eye for my CSL in East London, were playing Layton Orient on Saturday and stopping over in a cheap hotel. Just hope I can find some safe parking.
marc

Back