New Member in N.C.

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a baikal blue '72 Csi, VIN 2262349 - a car I have longed to own for over 20 years.

I am looking for a new turn signal arm in order to pass inspection. I had picked one up through a local dealor with the intent of installing it myself. After languishing in the house for a few months, my loving wife threw it away thinking it was an old wiper blade...suffice to say she doesn't indiscriminately toss auto parts away any more.

A long time ago I owned an Inka '72 Tii. I cut my teeth working on it, along with help from Pete McHenry who pumped up the engine to 2.2 L. After the car met an untimely demise the engine was resurrected into a 320i making it probably the only 322Tii to grace the road (This was a good combination actually)

Also, a quick plug - Vintage at the Vinyards is a great event. The setting in the rolling hills of piedmont N.C. is beautiful and only surpassed by the sight of the cars assembled.

Welcome to the post, I own a 3.0CSi VIN 2262346 also originally baikal blue but I suspect has been repainted a somewhat darker shade. From what I gathered my car was originally an Italian delivery and spent most of it's time in California until I purchased it and brought it up to the lovely Pacific Northwest. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I would suggest that you peruse all the previous postings as there is a lot of knowledge contained in it.

Mark

Mark, based upon records that came with the CSi it also was delivered to Italy. I have an image in my mind of an Italian playboy cruising through the Tuscan hills at high speed with a beautiful signora by his side.

One interesting finding on the car (now removed) was a loud siren that I suspect was used to scare off wandering animals from the road.

Paul, thanks for the tip. I travel up to Winston-Salem a lot and would love to see your car.

Chuck, I recently removed the after market air conditioning that judging from the pieces was installed in Italy - quite interesting, they tucked the evaporator / blower unit under the glovebox with a very well made bracket to lower same to allow for the assembly to fit. Of course when I started to trace the wiring I couldn't find where they ended since they spliced several different colors (colours*) together. Thought you might have the same - the controls on mine were on the front of the shift lever / window switch housing.

*By the way in this forum we speak English as well as American, Australian, and Kiwi.

Back