New member: Question about driver side mirror

E9Paradise

Reaction score
I just bought a '74 3.0CS and am just getting into sorting out some issues. It's in pretty much original shape. It does have some minor rust issue, well... relatively minor.

One of the things I can't figure out is how to tighten up the driver side mirror. It's loose and I can't get to the mounting screws. I have the door panel off and there is sheet metal that covers it. There is a small gap along the bottom but it's not enough to even see what's holding the mirror on. How do you get to these bolts?

Also, I need to find a wiring diagram. The shop manual on CD doesn't have the wiring diagram and one that is in the tech section online isn't clear enough to see. So any suggestions on where to get one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey E9,

if you look at one end of the mirror base there should be a part of the rubber seal between the door and mirror that hides a screw. You peel back the seal and lossen this off to remove the mirror. You can then tighten the fixing on the door and give the mirror something tight to mount to.

Regards,

Rohan

E9Paradise

Reaction score
Tyler,
I will be ordering a wiring diagram right away. Funny thing is, the guy that runs that site went to school here in Chico and worked at Ozzie's BMW (motorcycles) that I drive by everyday on my way to work! Thanks very much for the lead.

Rohan,
I was hoping it would be something like that! You've been a great help and I thank you.

This board is great!

Thanks again guys, John