New member SoCal

02m2

Reaction score
Hi all
Been poaching on the sidelines for a while. Bought my first e9 yesterday.
Have a number of bmw's ...mostly in one state of project or another..
70 2002 Colorado evo III 2.5
69 2002 white pig cheek flared competed shell + ( coming up with a plan)
72 2002tii Tiaga full restomod ( daughters car) now doing an m42 swap
91 325i vert white fully restored ( other daughters car)
15 535i girlfriends car
13 Porsche Cayenne gts DD
72 911 3.8 hot rod ( closer to getting done)
65 mustang fastback restomod 5.0 aluminator xs

Latest 70 euro 2800cs.....plan: s85 w/ smg

Thanks for all your help so far!!!

02m2

Reaction score
Will it be driveable with an S85?
I would think that you need the traction control stuff as well.

We will build a complete new chassis for it and integrate it into the existing frame. The guys at the Roadster Shop (IL) will be doing the build for me. We are finishing a 65 Mustang fast back now with a 500hp ford racing motor. Similar concept here ....
http://roadstershop.com/galleries/marcs-1965-mustang/

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
welcome! While I wouldn't put anything stronger than an S38 in a coupe, I can't wait to see how the S85 coupe comes along. That's a total monster of an engine. Make sure you share with us!

Also, when it's done call me. I'll fly to where ever you are for a ride in it. That's just insane. :mrgreen:

02m2

Reaction score
welcome! While I wouldn't put anything stronger than an S38 in a coupe, I can't wait to see how the S85 coupe comes along. That's a total monster of an engine. Make sure you share with us!

Also, when it's done call me. I'll fly to where ever you are for a ride in it. That's just insane. :mrgreen:

We are going to build a new chassis and integrate it into the body. Otherwise you are correct the s85 would twist it apart. The guys at the Roadster Shop in IL will be doing the build for me. They are currently working on a 65 Mustang fastback with a 500hp ford racing motor. Same concept here with a complete modern chassis. Lots of fabrication but I like doing the complicated stuff to a high standard. Check out there website some amazing work. They will post a gallery when we get started and I will post the link. E9 lines are one of my favorite of all time and I am looking at doing something tasteful and respectful.