burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hullo , my name is Mark, I have just purchased a reasonably unmolested, non maintained, but fairly honest ,1974 3.0CS Auto , Granatrot.
I purchased the vehicle in Brisbane Australia, and drove to my home town of Sydney, 600 MILES, I have since replaced the entire cooling system, and put fluid in the brake master, serviced the trans, a set of tires, and a few other odds and ends, Its been a busy three weeks, that said I have found myself smiling for no reason when driving this little beauty and I look forward to fixing the few dozen other minor issues, before the body ,paint , interior and wood.
I may possibly need some assistance from this splendid forum, but i am happy to be here.

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mark, welcome ...is that the auto that was recently advertised for $22k ?...on Gumtree ?( I think )
Cheers, Simon

Yes it was Simon, It was also on EBAY AU, which was where I first saw it.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Well done ...as you say, it looks an honest car . I will beat Stan to the punch by suggesting you go to the CS Registry and provide VIN details etc ( if not already done )

rodspock

Reaction score
Burky,

Welcome to E9 ownership.

I have been trying to tack all of the E9s here in Queensland, and was not aware of your car for sale. Currently I know of 2 road cars and 3 track cars (in various states of build) in Brisbane and another 2 road cars and 1 project in the Gold Coast. I would be interested to learn where you bought yours from.

There is a bit of expertise on this forum which will assist running your car in Australia. For instance, IDB in Melbourne carry a few wrecked E9s if you need parts.

Cheers,

Rod
(Brisbane)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Idb

Burky,

Welcome to E9 ownership.

I have been trying to tack all of the E9s here in Queensland, and was not aware of your car for sale. Currently I know of 2 road cars and 3 track cars (in various states of build) in Brisbane and another 2 road cars and 1 project in the Gold Coast. I would be interested to learn where you bought yours from.

There is a bit of expertise on this forum which will assist running your car in Australia. For instance, IDB in Melbourne carry a few wrecked E9s if you need parts.

Cheers,

Rod
(Brisbane)

Can someone go to IDB and get the VIN, model and year if those junk coupes??

loloe13

Reaction score
Can someone go to IDB and get the VIN, model and year if those junk coupes??

I was there at IDB just this afternoon!! :o
I have a feeling that one of their wrecked e9 have been sold off, anyway, I will see what I can get for the others' VINs

Gavin

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks , for the greetings , I will post some pictures soon.
Rod, I bought the car from a fellow who lived out by Brisbane airport, he had purchased the car ten months prior out of Victoria where it was delivered in 74, I do have a name and address off an old bill from Victoria and i will attempt to trace its history down there.
Rod do you have any contact info on the wrecking yard?
Thanks, Mark.

Swobber

Reaction score
Im a new member too, on this forum!

Im helping a friend bring back his CS to its former glory!
Will start a resto topic

Teaser picture:
image-9A66_53066C62.jpg

image-3EBF_53066C62.jpg

image-C607_53066C62.jpg