jefftepper

Reaction score
Greetings

I am not currently an E9 owner though I have admired the car for many years. I came very close to pulling the trigger in 1987 but the timing was not optimum as I had just bought a new car the week before and two new cars in two weeks would have likely resulted in me being neutered.

I first laid eyes on a '68 2002 in my High School faculty parking lot. From there I read everything I could about the car and spent time visiting the dealer's lot in town. It wasn't until 1972 that I located a nice example, a used '69 1602, that I bought and enjoyed for a number of years. In 1975 my folks bought a used '71 Bavaria that was a ball to drive. The last BMW purchased new was a '94 530iT that frankly was not my favorite car and the fact that my first wife ended up with it did not result in me loosing sleep.

Fast forward to now and my current ride is a '67 Mustang 390 Fastback that I enjoy driving as often as possible over the past 14 years. Last year someone who described himself as a very motivated buyer contacted me and attempted to buy it. I may have been crazy but I was not ready to sell. On the other hand, the more I thought about it the more I gravitated back to an E9. I'm still not ready to sell the Mustang but I know that eventually I will be ready for a change. When that time comes........

Until then, it seems like you folks have built a nice community and hanging out here from time to time looks like a pleasant pastime.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Highland Green?

Welcome, hope you can swap the American iron for an e9 at some point.

Lot's of people here willing to push you along.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Greetings Jeff!

I'm 30 years old, and I was raised on American iron. Somehow I ended up defecting to gorgeous Euro coupes.

I live on the Peninsula in The Bay. We should meet up for Cars and Coffee in Danville sometime soon.

If I can drive one of your cars, I'll be more than happy to let you drive my E9. :)

Phactory

Reaction score
Welcome! My 73 2002 was Sahara and when it was cleaned and waxed it looked great! Very rich looking! Someone on here posted pictures of a 2800 CS Coupe in Sahara that they just picked up, and I think it looked phenomenal!

Phil

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
MyFemurHurts, such a beautiful coupe. And, if I may ask, why does it hurt?
Steve

Appreciate the kind words. :)

It's an old joke from my childhood. My femurs don't actually hurt.

+1 on the coupe, and I thought I didn't like that color...guess I have only seen tired ones.

Another big one on Sahara is the camera that's shooting it. I have some pictures of it where the color looks god awful because the camera couldn't make heads or tails of the color. I actually almost passed on this car because the ad made it look faded and dull, and plenty of pictures I have the car looks like yellow mustard that was left out over night. :D

jefftepper

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. The Danville GTG sounds like a great idea. How often does it occur and when is the next one?

Brandon, your car is making me drool on my keyboard !!

On the Mustang, no not Highland Green, rather a modern version of Vintage Burgundy. Here's a pic:

IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow. Fantastic looking car. Better looking than Frank Bullit's anyway

Thanks for the welcome guys. The Danville GTG sounds like a great idea. How often does it occur and when is the next one?

Brandon, your car is making me drool on my keyboard !!

On the Mustang, no not Highland Green, rather a modern version of Vintage Burgundy. Here's a pic:

IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Gorgeous Mustang! Love the color.

CnC Danville is at the Blackhawk car museum, first Sunday of every month. If it's not raining I'll be there!

EDIT: Won't be there this Sunday. Forgot it's my lady's birthday. If I pick my Coupe over her I'll be in the dog house. :)

Last edited: