CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Everyone !! Been looking at many of the e9s over the years and had to clean up many a pool of drool over some of them. Finally, decided to buy one. I think I found a reasonable one. This car is registered on the Registry before VIN: 2240842. The price point and pictures represented the car pretty well. Some areas of concern around the sunroof but manageable in my estimation.

Appears to be older restoration and color change (original color Ceylon 008) over tan interior (also redone at that time) and and exterior color changed as part of supposed restoration in 2002 to Anthrazite Grau. Don't really have any significant information about the extent or work done to body before the color change but the A=Pillars, running boards. shock towers and trunk spare tire well appear to be rust free. Still in good order and runs well. 34K miles currently but unknown as to after restoration or what milage was prior to restoration. Full details and pics will follow once I get the car fully sorted.

Already look to change the wheels and wondering what tire sizes you recommend for the 16x7 and 16x8 wheels? Looking forward to being part of the group.

Jeff (CSdoc)
Oklahoma, USA

CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As promised, a few pics of my '73 3.0 CS
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 165

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome, your car looks very nice. You also may want to consider a set of lowering springs from Car Nelson (La Jolla Indepemdent) as they will give the car the proper stance. Also check to see that the spacers have been removed from the front strut towers to lower that as well.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone !! Been looking at many of the e9s over the years and had to clean up many a pool of drool over some of them. Finally, decided to buy one. I think I found a reasonable one. This car is registered on the Registry before VIN: 2240842. The price point and pictures represented the car pretty well. Some areas of concern around the sunroof but manageable in my estimation.

Appears to be older restoration and color change (original color Ceylon 008) over tan interior (also redone at that time) and and exterior color changed as part of supposed restoration in 2002 to Anthrazite Grau. Don't really have any significant information about the extent or work done to body before the color change but the A=Pillars, running boards. shock towers and trunk spare tire well appear to be rust free. Still in good order and runs well. 34K miles currently but unknown as to after restoration or what milage was prior to restoration. Full details and pics will follow once I get the car fully sorted.

Already look to change the wheels and wondering what tire sizes you recommend for the 16x7 and 16x8 wheels? Looking forward to being part of the group.

Jeff (CSdoc)
Oklahoma, USA

Hi Jeff,
I have 205/55/R16 on front and 225/50/R16 on the back. It looks just right on my 16" Alpina rims imho. I know a few other E9 owners with the same size tyre set up on 16" rims.
Although my springs are Carl Nelson so marginally lowered, hence my tyre profile is a bit low versus what might look right on your car unless you change your springs.

tmason

Reaction score
Welcome and I was born in Oklahoma so I'm sure there's not to many Okies driving e9's :)

jmackro

Reaction score
Already look to change the wheels and wondering what tire sizes you recommend for the 16x7 and 16x8 wheels?

Personally, I like the 5-spoke, 14" wheels. I figure whoever designed the car intended it to have those wheels. But it's your car, and wheels unbolt as easily as they bolt on, so..... Still, I'd recommend that you hang onto the stock wheels; someday you'll come back to them.

Looks like the previous owner really didn't like the dash center speaker.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gorgeous car, Jeff. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Tulsa is just a conversation away from Eureka Springs... you might consider attending the MidAmerica02Fest next Spring. It's a 2002-centered event, but many e9s have made the event in the past.

http://midamerica02fest.com/

God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll take my 2000CS in 2018.

Ed

CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed
Gorgeous car, Jeff. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Tulsa is just a conversation away from Eureka Springs... you might consider attending the MidAmerica02Fest next Spring. It's a 2002-centered event, but many e9s have made the event in the past.

http://midamerica02fest.com/

God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll take my 2000CS in 2018.

Ed
Hi Ed, yeah, aware of that event and looks like fun, BUT, happens every year around my wife's birthday (end of April) and just not something I can convince her to go to on her birthday. I mean, she loves BMWs and drives a convertible e93 Convertible daily driver but not willing to hang out with a bunch of gear heads on her birthday !!