Mangomike

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought 1974 3.0CS. It was a barn find. It has been parked in a garage in Oklahoma for at least 27yrs. The engine is in good shape, new headers & dual Weber’s. No rust as far as I can tell. I will be needing a source for parts. Right now I’m looking for a new clutch master cylinder. Looking forward for any advice.
Mangomike

Welcome Mike! Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the cult. The FAQ section has a very nice and in-depth thread containing all sorts of vendors and links to get new/reproduction/used parts for these cars! I highly recommend you check it out. There is a ton of info on here that will hopefully benefit you throughout your revival process.

welcome Mike, there is a lot of great information on this website and a lot of very knowledgeable people. i would highly recommend a little reading in the FAQ section for some helpful information on the differences between your '74 and the earlier cars (to keep you from buying things that won't work on your car) ... the section on best sources.

on the other hand, i would like to know your VIN to add it to our coupe ancestry project ... since its been sitting for 27 years, we probably don't have any information on it. if you know anything about the previous owner ... that would also be very helpful

cheers
scott

Mike, show us some pictures, the suspense is killing us!

Welcome to the discussion, we will look forward to seeing what you work on first. As noted, the FAQ and DIY sections have some great information that will be a big help.

welcome Mike, there is a lot of great information on this website and a lot of very knowledgeable people. i would highly recommend a little reading in the FAQ section for some helpful information on the differences between your '74 and the earlier cars (to keep you from buying things that won't work on your car) ... the section on best sources.

on the other hand, i would like to know your VIN to add it to our coupe ancestry project ... since its been sitting for 27 years, we probably don't have any information on it. if you know anything about the previous owner ... that would also be very helpful

cheers
scott
Thank you Scott for you advise. I will definitely checkout the FAQ section. Here is my Vin#4310247. I don’t have any info on the seller, except I know it’s been sitting for all those years in a garage. I’ve been working on acquiring the car for about 18 months. The seller was a older gentleman who was kind of a hoarder & the car was covered up with crap & he didn’t want to deal with until now. I will be looking forward to hear from you all in the future.

I
Welcome Mike! Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the cult. The FAQ section has a very nice and in-depth thread containing all sorts of vendors and links to get new/reproduction/used parts for these cars! I highly recommend you check it out. There is a ton of info on here that will hopefully benefit you throughout your revival process.
Thank you Puttraider18 for your advice. I will definitely check out the FAQ section of our forum. I will be looking forward in conversing with you all in the future.

Mike, show us some pictures, the suspense is killing us!

Welcome to the discussion, we will look forward to seeing what you work on first. As noted, the FAQ and DIY sections have some great information that will be a big help.
Hello, Thank you for your reply. Attached are some images when she arrived. She is not much of a looker right now. I’m hoping that I will be able to continue the project & improve her look. It all depends if I can get her to a point that she is drivable.

Attachments

• IMG_7995.jpeg
    IMG_7995.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6415.jpeg
    IMG_6415.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6416.jpeg
    IMG_6416.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 58
Hello, Thank you for your reply. Attached are some images when she arrived. She is not much of a looker right now. I’m hoping that I will be able to continue the project & improve her look. It all depends if I can get her to a point that she is drivable.
Good plan, get it running and driving first so you can better understand what you have!

Mike, as you start bringing your coupe back to a great car, start a thread in the e9 - projects and restoration ... so that everything is in 1 place, documenting your journey.

Right now I’m looking for a new clutch master cylinder.
Welcome!

I just put in a clutch master last week. E12 5-series is what you'll need. I got mine on ebay from Slovania. Had some issues but they may have been a user problem. ;)

Dan

rmeuropean
50 bucks

Attachments

• IMG_2185.png
    IMG_2185.png
    807.6 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Wes
Mike,
Welcome to the fold. Quite a few Coupes in our area. Do you have the master cylinder out of the car? Frozen - won't bleed?
If not in rush, Peter Coomaraswamy is graciously sending me a box of goodies that includes a clutch master which might be good or rebuildable. Happy to redistribute if so. Yours may be rebuildable for that matter. I can take it apart to look if you don't have the tools or inclination.
Carlos

Back