New Owner Chapel Hill, NC

smileman83

Reaction score
Hello group- just purchased a '73 coupe to sorta relive my college memories. I drove a 2002 tii in college, but always longed for a 3.0 and so I began my quest about 2 years ago. What a rush to sit in one again- love it.

Fjord Blue with Navy- has what I guess are original factory wheels, but have located correct Alpinas in Germany and will be placing on as this is the way I remember most of them.

Now to track down a backup key or have one made just in case. Looking forward to going through and posting and reading

Bruce Barker
'73 BMW 3.0 CS
'59 Mercedes 190sl

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations, we would love to see some photos and the story of how you found it. Also, please add it to our Registry.

Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
congrats on your purchase and welcome to the gruppe ... glad to see more coupes in the region. please post some pics.

scott

scottd

Reaction score
Fjord Coupe - NC - Welcome!

Welcome (although I am not an avid poster here)... my '73 coupe hails from NC, and is also Fjord Blue w/Blue leather interior.

I was digging through the PO's paperwork, and saw that they actually owned the BMW dealership in NC, which I had been told. The dealership was once called Froelich BMW, which I think became Flow BMW; however, may be getting this mixed up. Frances Froelich was the wife to Mr. Froelich, and owned my coupe. (my car is named Frances obviously)

Any idea where your car was purchased? Anyone else here had a coupe purchased from there as well? I think they may've also owned a Cadillac dealership, as I have remnant cardboard boxes marked Cadillac.

pamp

Reaction score
Cool. Same for me....2002's in my youth. Drove more sensible cars (MD diesels and Volvo for the wife) while raising the family. Empty nest and it was time to have a midlife crisis....the coupe I desired back in the day. I relied on an R60/5 during college. We boys were getting into the cups one evening and went for tattoo's (1977) One guy got Harley wings, another a heart and "mother" Me, I got a BMW roundel on my right arm. Figured you gotta' love what you ride....