new owner stumbling block..

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I posted before I am working through the process of buying an acceptable condition UK RHD CSL for full restoration. Many parts have been found and everything I have seen so far is in a condition that makes me happy to move forward. The proposed purchase price is very reasonable - to the point I could probably part it out and get my money back... but, I wont be doing that, the guy selling it wants to see it back on the road and I have given him my word that that is what would happen. I have canvassed opinions of professional restorers and the money I would have to put into it is more than acceptable to me.. But.. we have found one critical part missing - the front scheel seats are nowhere to be found. (the car has been in parts for years and moved several times)

Really I am looking for either advice as to wether there are acceptable reproductions available (i cant seem to find any - model 100?) or failing that - opinions on doing a full (expensive) restoration of a CSL to then fit it out with nicely re trimmed CSi seats. (whisper it quietly but I actually prefer the look of the CSi seats!). I know it wouldnt be right and I know it would affect the value - in my mind it isnt a deal breaker - but it does feel a bit wrong. That said, if I wasnt original with the seats I would feel better about losing the SS wheel arch extensions too - which I also dont like! I know I really should just start with a CSi and build it as I like but this is the car I have in front of me.. Thoughts?

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
...congratulations ...lucky you !. I daresay others may have suggestions for appropriate reproduction Scheel seats if you are unable to source a set of originals . The SS wheel arch trims are synonymous with CSL's so you may have to just grin and bear it :) ...but should you decide to part with them, there is a CSL owner here in Perth who would be interested (although he is only missing the front LH side ) . Cheers, Simon

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Try Gerrit Blankman in Germany. His handle is Gerrit on this site. He may havea lead.
Otherwise look at GTS Classic Seats for approximate repros.

pat cooks

Reaction score
how hard can it be to reproduce CSL seats? i will be stripping down a pair of weather beaten seats soon, if it looks possible to replicate them I will take some pictures, Pat UK