newbie - Question on 40 DCOE's

kfrito789

Reaction score
My name is Keith and I am a caroholic. I found a 72 3.0 cs (#2240243). The Coupe is a texas car that the previous owner took apart (and I mean APART) and I will be putting back together. This will be the third Coupe I have owned. I restored a 2800 in the mid 90's and sold that car to finance my 85 M635CSI. The CS has a injection conversion, (D or L, I don't know). The motor is out and and will be rebuilt. My plan is for 10. to 1 pistons, A 284 Shrick cam and valve train, a little porting and matching. My plan is to install the triple 40DCOE's. I have owned a few double 40's on 2002's so I know how to tune and set these up. My questions is this: Who's manifold and linkage works well with the Coupe?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Weber sidedrafts

I have a Korman stage 2 engine built in the early 80s and am very pleased with it.

Unlike 2002s, I don't think there are many choices of manifolds and linkages for 6 cylinders. Sidedraft installations are much rarer than with 2002s.

hdx 120

Reaction score
jam engineeering corp or pierce manifolds would be good start or even redline weber i think has a kit I dont likr there linkage thow . I like to use two inerlinks .

schnell540

Reaction score
From what I have heard (I have not yet installed my 40DCOEs), there are clearance issues with the brake booster and the air cleaner on the most rear carb. The better approach seems to be to change the booster to a 2002tii booster. There is still little room, but more than before. Ramflo type filters fit better (I have three new ones that I'm not going to use, so if you want them....).

Also, there are problems with fitment of the coolant manifold at the front of the head. Korman makes a modified manifold (rewelding one of the pipes), but it is pricey.

Then, of course, if your car is a csi, it has the high pressure pump, which either needs to be changed or you need a good pressure regulator (also sold by Korman, pricey, too).