Newcomer to the E9

GeorgeB3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am George, a new guy to the BMW E9, but not to cars. I spent a number of decades beating up old Porsche 356's, 911's, & 914-6's in SCCA (started back when people paid you $25 to take one out the back yard....those days are long gone). I have owned BMW's in the past and just loved them. I must confess though they usually came new from the dealer as a 325 cabrio or the like.

I have always enjoyed the aesthetic appeal of the E9 as art in motion. When in the Army in the 70's you could pick up an older car and flog it up and down the Autobahn. I had some euro spec sedans back then and brother I remember you could make it to Austria from Stuttgart in record time for skiing.

Right now I'm lurking a lot trying to absorb information about the cars. This forum is just brimming with knowledge and courtesy it seems. Dont have much to contribute knowledge wise to you but hope to be a participant as time goes by. In the meantime, I'll support the cause with something to help with the cost of running this effort. Its a thankless job for the guys running the show and I really appreciate what all the tech & moderator folks do to make things like this possible.

I'd like to have an injected model; but seeing something like Peter C's 2.8 is the level of car I'd like to find. As I've become an official geezer via being a new card carrying member of the medicare apparatus, I'm really not looking to do a lot of wrenching. BUT, never say never. While having one with working A/C seems somewhat of an offense to the power plant, living down South makes it a near requirement. "My" car is out there somewhere, we just haven't met yet as I dont feel I know enough to stroke a check. I learned a few hard lessons over the years when venturing into a new marque vintage car (=rust, incorrect parts, etc - like in Alfa Romeo).

Hope to end up with something in the garage before long; and look forward to actually meet some of you folks. In the meantime, enjoy &...drive 'em.

Regards,
George Bryan

ggus

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm in Houston and my E9 doesn't have AC. I dont take it out much in the summer lol.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk