Nice car for sale....

This is Joe Andreaggi's old car. He spent a lot of time and effort to make it as original as possible and used to enter it in East Coast concours events. I saw it 8 or 10 years ago and it was really nice then.

Joe's Coupe

As I recall Joe had passed away about 3-4 years ago--we were considering buying the car and bringing it to the left coast due to its "near originality"--but his widow was not ready to let his toy go so soon after his passing.

Is the $43.5 price too much yoday?--good question--FWIW--two years ago I found a home for a very complete (with all the desirable features)concours condition, very low mileage, original 1973 3.0CS for $45K. There are knowledgable and affluent collectors out there willing to pay that for high quality original cars including Coupes--and apart from the Barrett-Jackson circus.

FWIW--originality in these cars will in the long run command the highest price/value as time goes by and as we all modify-upgrade-bastardize-and alter these beauties their present value is negatively impacted--I'm certainly guilty of bastardization as I have taken the BLUMAX down this slippery slope with numerous mechanical mods--of course the driving fun today is probably worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!--and I will keep it 'til I croak--then it will be my widows challenge to find a proper home at a price for the BLUMAX!!

Re: Joe's Coupe

As I recall Joe had passed away about 3-4 years ago--we were considering buying the car and bringing it to the left coast due to its "near originality"--but his widow was not ready to let his toy go so soon after his passing.

Is the $43.5 price too much yoday?--good question--FWIW--two years ago I found a home for a very complete (with all the desirable features)concours condition, very low mileage, original 1973 3.0CS for $45K. There are knowledgable and affluent collectors out there willing to pay that for high quality original cars including Coupes--and apart from the Barrett-Jackson circus.

FWIW--originality in these cars will in the long run command the highest price/value as time goes by and as we all modify-upgrade-bastardize-and alter these beauties their present value is negatively impacted--I'm certainly guilty of bastardization as I have taken the BLUMAX down this slippery slope with numerous mechanical mods--of course the driving fun today is probably worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!--and I will keep it 'til I croak--then it will be my widows challenge to find a proper home at a price for the BLUMAX!!

Two things. THis car does not have "very low mileage" and it doens't have the original paint which works against getting such a high price. Yes, I agree if you found a very low mileage, ALL original barn find you could get that kind of money. But here no.

The section on this site showing the restoration of a 190SL was interesting in case you haven't checked it out.

The section on the 190SL is definitely worth running through. It pretty much explains why informed, top notch restorations cost so much...

Re: Ceylon

tripower said:
Absolutely beatiful car.....Did you get close to hitting your number?

See updated listing at dealer's site:

http://motoringinvestments.com/WC140_30CSi.htm

right.

Right you are. It was actually $2 more than the sale price quoted due to currency fluctuation.

I was the middleman who put the transaction together. I put the widow and the dealer together, wrote the ad, and took the photos. I'm an old friend of Joe's family and made nothing more than a token commission, so I have no reason to hype this.

You people should be celebrating that the market is paying good money for your car instead of calling people liars.

I for one am thrilled that the market exists and recognizes that our coupes are worthy of these values. I also surmise that the vast majority of the members on this board would also agree. The new owner made a good decision and can look forward to many miles of enjoyable motoring.

value

2 east coast coupe owners told me about the Ceylon when I was shopping for a mint or newly restored coupe two years ago. At the time the owner, (Joe's widow) wasn't ready to sell. Though I never saw the car, all accounts indicated that it would sell in the upper range.

Right now I know at least 5 coupe owners, including myself, that wouldn't take $25 to $30K.

There is no doubt that coupes arent where muscle cars are, but the better cared for cars, modified or original, have appreciated. I think the trend will continue...

Now about those Bimmer Bros coupes...?

Back