nice looking Dark Blue cs on the bay

pj

Reaction score
Might be worth a look ,gotta love the dark color, tan interior and triple carbs on a coupe. Anyone know this coupe.

PJ

Might be worth a look ,gotta love the dark color, tan interior and triple carbs on a coupe. Anyone know this coupe.

PJ

Link please.

I've inspected this car. Second time on e bay. Contact me if you want details or if you would like me to look at it again.

csi??

I am under the impression that csi's were never sold new in the U.S. but that any csi's were imported post new sale?? This description (of the ebay car in question) states the car was sold new at a BMW dealership in Oregon. Am I wrong about this?
psychrunner

You are correct, all CSi's were privately imported. One thing that is odd is that they didn't add side markers but the bumper is correct for a US car of that year - it is still the regular bumper but with the added "impact protection" which spaced it out from the body a few inches.

It was probably a csa , they came with all the goodies, I am not in the market but would like the lowdown on the car anyway, please post the ups and downs of the car. I like it think it looks very nice in the pics. Not a fan of 5 spoke wheels on coupes but it kinda works on this one.
I am a sucker for modified coupes too.

PJ

I just took another look at the engine compartment and it is missing the bracket for the air cleaner housing that a CSi would have.

I believe the description says that if was an automatic (CSA), and given the carbs and other attributes it was probably a U.S. CSA not a CSi.

It is a US CSA, delivered to Rasmussen BMW in Portland. Car was converted at about the same time as the triple webers were installed. Sunroof was installed by a local company, Western Sunroof.
The install looked good and the proper drain plugs were installed.

I looked in the usual rust areas and there is evidence of rust on the lower rockers, big surprise. I think a closer look at the rear shock towers would be in order judging by the rust colored streaks on the elephant skin.

At the time it had a gas line leak at the firewall that I am sure has been corrected. The owner was looking to get $27k last time. maybe his reserve is lowered this time around. I would recommend a detailed inspection for anyone interested. Mike Ohara BMW service in Portland would be a good person to start.

It is a US CSA, delivered to Rasmussen BMW in Portland. Car was converted at about the same time as the triple webers were installed. Sunroof was installed by a local company, Western Sunroof.
The install looked good and the proper drain plugs were installed.

I looked in the usual rust areas and there is evidence of rust on the lower rockers, big surprise. I think a closer look at the rear shock towers would be in order judging by the rust colored streaks on the elephant skin.

At the time it had a gas line leak at the firewall that I am sure has been corrected. The owner was looking to get $27k last time. maybe his reserve is lowered this time around. I would recommend a detailed inspection for anyone interested. Mike Ohara BMW service in Portland would be a good person to start.

$27K? That's a lot of money for an overdone CSA. And please lose the five spokes and that awful steering wheel.

It is a US delivered CSA, converted to 5 speed and upgraded to triple webers from standard Zeiniths.

Too bad they left the gear indicator for the automatic on the steering column, and proper tuning must be a bitch without the vacuum line to the distributer hooked up.

Amazingly on my way from Portland to Seattle today I merged into traffic with the Blue coupe. I was driving my CSI up to Seatown. Go figure the chances of two coupes merging on I-5 these days. The car looked good and he stepped on it hard. No doubt it has power. Seemed to spit out a fair share of smoke. Maybe he was just giving it a power tune up.

Great day for a drive and the coupe was up to a 150 mile drive at 80 mph. Great time of the year to get out.

He is dreaming on his old asking price , last time I looked he was up to 17k I wouldn't go much higher than that. It has had a lot of money spent on it and if you want a modified coupe like this its a smart buy (as opposed to buying an average coupe and going the same route).
Might be worth a look Coupster

PJ

He is dreaming on his old asking price , last time I looked he was up to 17k I wouldn't go much higher than that. It has had a lot of money spent on it and if you want a modified coupe like this its a smart buy (as opposed to buying an average coupe and going the same route).
Might be worth a look Coupster

PJ

I agree. But it is now at 23K and the reserve has been met. Someone must think it is worth it.

Back