Nice Weds on eBay

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
15" wheel - cool. 7" wheel w/ et-22. seems like it would rub on the strut. Ohmess - didn't you buy a set of 15' WEDS? if so, are they et-22?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i got that the ones on ebay are just that ... not my question though. the question was to those bought several months ago by Ohmess and whether those were et-22 ... and if so, how they fit

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i got that the ones on ebay are just that ... not my question though. the question was to those bought several months ago by Ohmess and whether those were et-22 ... and if so, how they fit

My question too. They look very cool. Might be a good replacement for my Alpina 14"

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Gang - Not sure I can provide a definitive answer as I do not yet have the Weds installed on my car. Worse yet, they are stashed away while I am sorting out other stuff (See today's Fun with Electrons thread).

I believe my wheels are the same size as those. Mine came with 225/45 15 Hankook racing tires on them and did indeed hit the strut when I mounted them on the car to take a couple of pictures. They also stuck out from my rear fender well. The racing tires are roughly 1.25" wider than the tires I have on the car now (195/70 R 14s).

Given the width of those tires, I am planning to install a set of 205/60 R15s on the car. These are the same diameter as the tires on the car now, and should be roughly 0.4" inches wider.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My question too. They look very cool. Might be a good replacement for my Alpina 14"
my guess is that you would need to use 10mm or a min. 5mm spacers. and i am very afraid of using spacers on our cars - especially more than 5mm.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
tumblr_nyyu9tcqpy1qzbk0ho1_1280.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
An 8" ET23 wheel (barely) fits with a 3mm spacer. 7" ET22
should be around 11mm away from the strut. Check my math.

Edit: I was wrong on the wheel fitmen. The 8" wheel (RC090) is ET20.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
By the way there is a staggered set of 16" Hardy & Beck's FS in SFBay. The seller is off on a number of things, including the lug pattern, wheel availability (you can still buy these new for $3,000), and sale price. The wheels are rough and the price should be knocked down by $1,000.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/5349554154.html