NMNA 380mm petri

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know enough about early 320is wheels and 2002 turbo wheels to definitively identify this one.

It looks like an early 320is wheel (foam) or 2002 turbo (leather) wheel with a e30 325is horn button, and an e30 hub and custom leather
cover.

It’s not worth the money IMO because a Petri
wheel without the proper hub is a headache.

jpg10

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was worried it may be too good to be true, but on the chance it was correct I thought I'd post it.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

J

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was worried it may be too good to be true, but on the chance it was correct I thought I'd post it.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

J

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Well i’m all fairness you can pick up a late model 320is sport wheel for around $100. That would get you a hub and a better horn button.

Wladek

Reaction score
That is just nice custom Petri wheel for later BMW's, maybe it is not so rare as 2002 turbo, but still pretty rare model.
custom BMW hub + genuine e21 38cm Petri (838) + genuine Petri e24 horn button.

I had genuine 2002 turbo wheel in past & it wasn't leather (information from internet are just incorrect) - 2002 turbo was rubber, but it had unique leather&stitching imitation on rubber, thicker grip, slightly different back area for fingers, different shape of rubber on spokes endings (if compare to same type later e21 Petri (like that on ebay)). Genuine 2002 turbo wheels always had almost same 3-ring hub as silver Petri's e9, e10 versions (difference was just on front side - bolts mounting dimension), horn button was also based on silver e9, e10 Petri horn button (with silver metal ring) + rubber.

Here you have genuine 2002 turbo wheel to compare
imageproxy.jpg

Well i’m all fairness you can pick up a late model 320is sport wheel for around $100. That would get you a hub and a better horn button.
What nice 38 wheels did you meant?

Last edited:

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a brand new 320is wheel. Hub pattern is way bigger than the petri we are used to, and it is also riveted on.

Horn buttons still available brand new from BMW at around $40. Foam spoke cover is NLA though.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What nice 38 wheels did you meant?

I was referring to borrowing the hub from a late model 320is. As mentioned, I don’t know these wheels well. I’ve never owned one but I do recall your mention of the larger bolt pattern.

Wladek

Reaction score
As mentioned, I don’t know these wheels well. I’ve never owned one but I do recall your mention of the larger bolt pattern.
For example that one: https://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-PETRI-O...364530?hash=item3f9c8c1032:g:mu4AAOSwam1aqAMi
it's genuine early e10 Petri but it's not exact 2002 Turbo version (despite the fact that it have proper hub, proper hub cover, proper horn button & additional bolt pattern crown). Take a look on the grip, compare it to my previous photo & you will see the difference.