No rest for the wicked

corsachili

Reaction score
End of night one of The Terry Project. My good friend and e9Coupe.com lurker Terry Conners has a rather cherry CSA with a sick engine. Now that my car is at least mobile (and running well most of the time) I couldn't let a weekend go by without getting my hands dirty. So tonight we wheeled the car in to the Cowpoke Racing garage, lifted her on to jackstands and began to disassemble. We made good progress. I got the exhaust, driveshaft, and Terry go many of the engine bits off. The four nuts at the back of the driveshaft flange, where it connects to the differential were torqued to about 750 foot pounds. Someone got real stupid on them. The only wrench you can put on those nuts is an open end wrench, there's not enough room for a socket head, so someone was completely insane with how tight them made them. I put everything I had in to those things, hanging all my weight on them, and they wouldn't budge. In the end I had to cut them off. Whatta bitch. The rest went pretty easily, the only major work left is to pull the auto tranny and the engine. We're hoping to have it done by Saturday. Then he'll bring a trailer over and take it to the paint shop to have her resprayed.

No rest...

Malc said:
And then on Sunday you fly over to Scotland and sort out the dear old bucket :wink:
Malc

Sacramento is closer TJ. What kind of beer do you like? (Malc, you fogot to use the secret word!).

Dan

My labor rates are $1000 per hour, plus travel and expenses. I travel only first class, British Air will do to see Malc. I like Boddy's abroad, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale when home.

Please have a complete set of Snap-On (SK will do in a pinch) tools, complete with air, a solvent tank, and a Miller MiG welder available for my usage.

Ride follows-
3 cases Pellegrino, chilled
2 cases Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon
3 dozen oysters (preferably Miyakis or Kumamotos)
3 pounds fresh fruit (pineapple, kiwi, strawberry)
3 pounds whole bean Peets decaf special blend
one case Maker's Mark bourbon
3 bottles Balvenie (50 year old)
6 quality ribeye steaks
6 ears, Midwest corn
1 pound basmati rice
3 pounds mixed romaine lettuce and Spring salad mix
6 avocados, ripe

Finally, I will require a hot tub, and a nightly massage from one woman, preferably of Latin decent (prefer Italian but Hispanic will do in a pinch). My trailer must contain DirecTv with Tivo, air conditioning and a Tempurpedic bed.

The above conditions are not negotiable.

Just one woman TJ you really should set your goals higher , 4, 6,8 or even 10 hands are better gets over and done with quicker and you can go to bed ,or so I hear from my single friends.
Take care buddy

PJ

Back