Non Cat- Euro m30b35- ecu and pistons question

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
2 questions guys.
Does anyone know the part number for the Non Cat Euro ecu for the M30B35?
Also, did they achieve the increase in compression from 9.0 to 9.2 via a different piston (I assume with a small crown), or a skinnier head gasket?
thx again, Mike

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, I am pretty sure they ran 9.2 as opposed to 9.0.
As an aside, did you have an issue with the length of the wiring loom in your motronic 1.3 fuel injection set up on your cs?
thx Mike

Malc

Reaction score
If your still looking I am breaking my 1986 M535 which is a SOHC 3.5 litre none cat with early Motronic. ECU is available if interested pm me
Cheers
Malc

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Thanks, I am pretty sure they ran 9.2 as opposed to 9.0.
As an aside, did you have an issue with the length of the wiring loom in your motronic 1.3 fuel injection set up on your cs?
thx Mike

Head PNs are the same, HG PNs are the same, piston PNs are all the same. Thusly, I think the compression is the same with the B35 motors in Europe and US. Like I said, the main difference is the tune and the no cats, which results in the 10-odd hp difference between Euro and US versions.

US:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD13&mospid=47408&btnr=11_0363&hg=11&fg=20
Euro:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD11&mospid=47382&btnr=11_0363&hg=11&fg=20

As for the harness, I had no problems with length in the slightest. I put my ECU in the glovebox without issue, in terms of length.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thx Malc, but I want the later engine , that takes it timing from the harmonic balancer as opposed to the flywheel, along with this , I am in Australia, so only source the smaller stuff from your side of the globe.