Nor Cal coupe cruise?

steve in reno

Reaction score
Is anyone up for a 1-2 day cruise in the no. calif area.
My wife and I came down for one out of Los Gatos a few years ago and had a great time. Met some very nice people.
Perhaps the Modesto area wine country, Placerville county, historical drive, or???????

I will have the longest drive, and don't mind at all.
Dates are open at this time. But winter weather starts earlier for me, and would like to be before mid Oct.
Any interest?
steve in reno

There are some fantastic roads South of Hwy 50, Sutter Creek/Jackson area......could make a nice loop around Gold Country

Also a great run from Nevada City to Downieville to the Sierra Buttes (bring your Mtn bike :twisted: ) That could be a nice 'out and back' run.

Those would have to be pre-October/November, otherwise there are some good runs in the East Bay/Mt. Diablo area, lunch at the Blackhawk Museum....?

-shanon

nor cal coupe cruise

Well I didn't get much of a response to my cruise suggestion.
Yesterday I went on one by myself.
I have lived in Reno for 9 years and never been completely around Lake Tahoe. So that was yesterdays objective.
I won't do it again either. I have never been to a lake that is so densly populated. Speed limit was mostly 35-40 mph with tons of traffic, and it is the off season already here in snow country.
Beautiful scenery and lake, but not to be confused with drivabilty and adventure.
It wasn't flyable, Hang gliding, so the drive was still better than sitting at home or doing fall chores. I'll do those today instead.
Temps are in the low 40's in the mornings, with a slight bite in the air. Frost has been seen in the area, and I purchased my season ski pass last week. I soon will be limited to desert driving on nice days and skiing on non work days.
I know I will not get any sympathy form those with worse climates, but I will miss summer soon!
I hope all group members were able to drive to their hearts content this year. Winter is when I do my mods and upkeep on my coupe.
Perhaps next year we can do a group cruise.
steve in reno

nor cal coupe cruise

I did that cruise last year on my return from Oregon. Nice scenery with tight twisty roads leading from coast to Santa Rosa area.
steve

Back