NOS rear quarter moldings for long wheelbase e3

2000CS

Reaction score
While looking for a regular e3 molding set I knew I had, discovered left and right "long" rear trim in the box.
Not sure why I have them, but if any in the group are interested let me know.
Otherwise will post in the European sites where those models are more likely to be found.
Corresponding numbers are 51 13 1 817 769 & 770

The L version could be mounted on non-L, but it wraps around further, to the edge of the trunk lid (in e9 style). L on left, non-L on right
1726612859604.png

To use the rear fender trims that wraps to the edge of the deck lid. you would probably also need the trim that goes at the bottom of the deck lid...

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 6.39.28 PM.png

I believe the fancier non L E3s used this also.

Or join the ranks of e9 owners - "hey your rear molding fell off" :)
Not briefly enough owned a Polaris-like 2800 CS with mid-door side molding, black vinyl roof, and a (thankfully) glued on rear trunk molding (hacked down piece of belt molding).
It was cheaper than a rental car while my wife's car was in body shop after being rear ended.
1726666180481.png

I believe the fancier non L E3s used this also.
@Dick Steinkamp is right. You might increase your chances to sell the mouldings if you advertise them as "rear sidewall mouldings for 3.0 S & 3.0 Si". All 3 litre E3 USA that did not wear the "Bavaria" script had the nine piece trim set with the wraparound sidewall parts, i.e. 3.0 S & 3.0 Si USA Series 3 and, for the record, also the little known unofficial 3.0 S USA Series 2, officially filed under 3.0 Bavaria (Luxury version).
On the other hand, the entry level long E3, the 2.8 L, wore the eight piece trim set with the shorter sidewall mouldings. From 3.0 L onwards all had the nine piece set, that much is true.

Thanks for suggestion. I was wondering why I had them; forgot my 3.0Si would have used them. Now why didn't they send the rear piece or does that mean I have to keep looking.

Back