not a coupe, not even a four wheel, but certainly a genuine bmw

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful BMW. How hard is it to find parts and what year is it?

Chris

hello
thanks

it is quite difficult to find parts, at least if you try to maintain it as it was conceived not changing significantly the originality (i.e. a bosch front light, or the horn, or ignition coil,...)

the good news is the simplicity, only one cylinder, and very simple mechanisms

this is the R2, the third model of motorcycle made by bmw, it was produced from year 1931 until year 1936

mine was born in 1934 in munich under the recently formed "third reich", i mentioned this because the original documents include the famous eagle and the svastika together with that special "gothic" letters

it is a 200cm3 engine, rigid rear suspension and a ballast in the front, direct drive transmission, 3 gears selected by means of an external lever placed near your right knee

as far as i know it is the only model that was painted blue together with the black and white strip all around

regards

Tierfreund

Reaction score
I´m not a biker or even remotely fond of bikes.
But I must say, as a fan of nice machinery in general (Yes, I´m the kind of huy that goes to the engine room first when on a ship):
That´s beautiful!

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Very nice!

Nice work keeping it original. My grand-father had one too and playing your video reminded me how unique this 1-cyl sounds... Thanks for sharing!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
last item incorporation

from swiss army, dated 1977

wol_error.gif
Esta imagen ha sido redimensionada. Haz click aquí para ver la imagen completa. El tamaño original es 1024x768 tamaño 201KB.
041220073971.jpg

wol_error.gif
Esta imagen ha sido redimensionada. Haz click aquí para ver la imagen completa. El tamaño original es 1024x768 tamaño 206KB.
041220073967.jpg

051220073973.jpg

wol_error.gif
Esta imagen ha sido redimensionada. Haz click aquí para ver la imagen completa. El tamaño original es 1023x784 tamaño 178KB.
041220073968.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Could pack week's worth of undies and socks in that leather case. Looks like it will still be around in 1000 years. You are a good caretaker .

Stefan

Reaction score
Wow!

deQuincey:

Nice ride!
Really a BMW motorcycle not to common these days.

The transmission design from prewar interest me alot.

The "hardest/toughest" bikers now a days running around with rubber band drive. That's not so cool in my opinion! :)

90% chain driven, 9% direct driving and 1% rubber driving, according to my opinion how to drive a real bike.

cheers!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes, she was born at the same time, my only concern is to be around altogether with her,...otherwise i do not care :-D

You will need to eat really healthy and exercise if you want to be around with her for 1000 years...