not a e9 but.....it's a project...

siscobmw

Reaction score
here we go with some pics of my 3.3L automatic restoration...
born in 5/1974, first owner in 1975(8 months without a buyer), polaris with all the toys of that time,my father got it in 1980 and then removed licence plates in 1993...Now for law reason I have to take it back in original form, so I can get new licence plates....
here is the album I updated till 2009-10 photos....now the car has been stripped down and resprayed(pics soon, I have not too much time now) , but before anything I wante the mechanical stuff to be perfectly working, starting from the auto gearbox...
in 1979 the borg warner failed badly, no one in Italy was able to repair it and the best thing was to put a manual gearbox on it....
I sold the gearbox and got up to 5 gearboxes,one borg warner and 4 zf 3hp 22, in order to dismantle them and redoing a good one with best pieces of all the gearboxes....
I choosefd the zf cause parts for birg warner were not alla available....
and just cause I have a friend with a 340k kms 3.3Li and a still strong zf unit on it...
I overhaule dthe trans by my self, got new headlight wipers, all the parts I need , brakes overhauled by myself, prop shaft by myself, servo pump by myself....etc....except paint the work is a DIY job...
here's first pictures...
http://picasaweb.google.it/siscobmw/Francesco33LAutomatic?authkey=Gv1sRgCLLhwrXj7arTCA#

I hope you like them.
Franecsco