Not mine. So much want: M30 turbo kit

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty cool IMHO:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M30-Ca...112685980554?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

07927d58e8f1a60c503f817fc8752ec8.jpg

Yum! Interesting that the ad lists E12, E23, E24, and E28. Surely a motivated individual could stuff that forced induction under an E9 or E3 hood. :D

Wow @Markos what a sharp memory on not only the listing but also the source!

Here is my listing on this forum:
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/complete-callaway-turbo-setup-for-3-2l-motor.26163/

Regarding @HB Chris 's negative comment on crusty parts, sure they are not new but everything is 100% functional. The head and valves are perfect and the injectors were serviced with invoice to prove. The turbo impeller is also tight. The entire exhaust is stainless to so if you consider the cost of buying all this new and then installing, this is a very cost effective and period correct offering for a nice power gain. The only thing that can be said to be 'crusty' in appearance is the turbo manifold and turbo, but really nothing that a sand or sandblast and paint would not put right. Put another way, with an afternoon of detailing, everything would look per the picture of when it was new.

While the donor car was rusted out in the floors and dinged up, with the turbo and short gears of the dogleg box together with the new suspension, the car was an absolute blast to drive. Given that I do have target cars, I won't give the setup away because I know how good it is and appearance is nothing other than cosmetics that can be addressed.

For anyone interested, please note the the forum price is indeed less compared to eBay where I have to contend with 10% selling fees and then negotiation. I stand by what I have and would also support the installation process given that I removed, tagged and boxed the items. The setup is totally complete and I even ended up pulling the block from the shell.

It isn’t every day that I run across a Callaway Turbo e24 in Seattle. :D

Cool kit. GLWS!

There is not much left of the shell either. Despite the floor rust, the tail piece was perfect as was the nose so those have been cut. All in all, lots of good parts to fund my other projects and feed my other E24s!

@WISE9UY

I think my comment accurately reflected the overall appearance of those parts: fuel rail, injectors, exhaust manifold, turbo, intake tube, nuts and bolts. They look like they were stored outdoors IMO. I didn’t imply that they wouldn’t function properly. GLWTS

Chris

I like it for sure, but is kinda spendy, considering for another $1500, can get a new kit: http://turbochargingdynamics.com/?wpsc-product=m30-stage-1-kit

To be accurate... the kit above is $3875 plus $250 shipping. Note by comparison that mine includes the entire head, computer, micro controller and full end to end 3" stainless exhaust. Anyway, I stand behind what I have, recognize it will take a particular buyer and am happy wait for that person to come along and then work with them to get the deal done and support the installation.... unless I find a candidate car for that swap. At this stage my E9s will be getting normally aspirated motors as I just don't plan to drive them that hard. However if I find a candidate to build a vintage racer, then this would be ideal.

Back