Not so Funny.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
STORY 1: You know the saying ' if he didn't have Bad Luck he wouldn't have any Luck at all'.
Years ago after a 3 year restoration my Son's 63 BJ7 3000 Austin Healy was finally ready at the paint shop. The following day he took the car to work to show it to his crew at Bose'.
On the way home stopped at a red light he was rear ended by the women who was trunk.
STORY 2 : About 5 or 6 years ago one of his crew at work told him that is cousin from NY. was selling a 72 Mercedes 350SL roadster. The 72 was the first year for the new style roadster and was actually a 450SL but due to regulations it could not be delivered to the US as a 450 so a 350 Badge was used. The car was stored in RI. at the owner' father's house so we made arrangements to see the car. We than heard the history of the car. A women named Muriel Seibert who was the first women who had a seat on the NY. Stock Exchange had ordered a white 72 350SL and was to have a long wait for delivery. Someone mentioned that the first 350SL to come into the country was at the Mercedes Museum in NY. She immediately called a friend who had a connection with the CEO et Mercedes in Germany and a phone call came next. Her conversation went like this. Quote ' sir don't you think that the First Women Seated at the NY stock exchange should have the first 350 SL delivered to the US? End of her story.
STORY 3 : About 3 months ago my son called and asked if I meet him where his car was stored. He decided it was time to stop paying storage and do some work on the Mercedes. After a few attempts to start the car we decided to replace the battery. With the new battery the car started like a champ. My son was following me and about three miles on the road we came to a stop sign and after a stop I was able to cross over and looking in the rear view mirror I noticed that my son had to wait. After I proceeded slowly I watched in the mirror and there was no car in sight. Thinking that the car most likely stalled I turned and went back to where he had stopped. YOU CAN GUESS WHAT HAPPENED. Yep rear ended by a women in a Wrangler.
The car is still in the shop and being completely done over and my Son decided he does not need four cars and will put it up FOR SALE.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS SAD STORY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Harry

STORY 1: You know the saying ' if he didn't have Bad Luck he wouldn't have any Luck at all'.
Years ago after a 3 year restoration my Son's 63 BJ7 3000 Austin Healy was finally ready at the paint shop. The following day he took the car to work to show it to his crew at Bose'.
On the way home stopped at a red light he was rear ended by the women who was trunk.
STORY 2 : About 5 or 6 years ago one of his crew at work told him that is cousin from NY. was selling a 72 Mercedes 350SL roadster. The 72 was the first year for the new style roadster and was actually a 450SL but due to regulations it could not be delivered to the US as a 450 so a 350 Badge was used. The car was stored in RI. at the owner' father's house so we made arrangements to see the car. We than heard the history of the car. A women named Muriel Seibert who was the first women who had a seat on the NY. Stock Exchange had ordered a white 72 350SL and was to have a long wait for delivery. Someone mentioned that the first 350SL to come into the country was at the Mercedes Museum in NY. She immediately called a friend who had a connection with the CEO et Mercedes in Germany and a phone call came next. Her conversation went like this. Quote ' sir don't you think that the First Women Seated at the NY stock exchange should have the first 350 SL delivered to the US? End of her story.
STORY 3 : About 3 months ago my son called and asked if I meet him where his car was stored. He decided it was time to stop paying storage and do some work on the Mercedes. After a few attempts to start the car we decided to replace the battery. With the new battery the car started like a champ. My son was following me and about three miles on the road we came to a stop sign and after a stop I was able to cross over and looking in the rear view mirror I noticed that my son had to wait. After I proceeded slowly I watched in the mirror and there was no car in sight. Thinking that the car most likely stalled I turned and went back to where he had stopped. YOU CAN GUESS WHAT HAPPENED. Yep rear ended by a women in a Wrangler.
The car is still in the shop and being completely done over and my Son decided he does not need four cars and will put it up FOR SALE.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS SAD STORY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Harry
Oh my.
Hopefully he was okay after it. Cars can be replaced or repaired. Not so easy to fix broken people.
Was the Healey totalled ?? ( it is / was probably rarer than the Mercedes )
I am not familiar with your sons car obviously, but in general the rear lights on some classic cars can be very bad .
I am not familiar with your sons car obviously, but in general the rear lights on some classic cars can be very bad .
I recently updated my brake lights to red LED’s on my triumph stag as I have had a few close calls with her over the years.
I think somehow most modern drivers only see a 3rd brake light as that is what they have become familiar with and most classics don’t have one.
When I finish my E9 I think I will put in a 3rd brake light just to be a bit safer.

Both were very costly repairs.,however looking at the damage one would not think so.

my brother had a similar issue with his first '65 3000 mk 3 Healey. slightly different, he had just bought the car and was driving home, stopped at a traffic light and somebody plowed into the back of him - driving the car into the car stopped in front of him. this folded the car up pretty badly - car was a total loss. that was back in the mid 70's when you could still find a decent one for a reasonable price. he had his '67 for over 30 years

Back