numbers

joop

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how much E9 coupes there are still 'alive' in the USA and in Europe?

Joseph :o

I don't think anybody knows for sure, but there were about 11k made during the entire production run of the body. Thusly, I'd guess there are 4k left, probably less, given general attrition rate of cars due to accidents, then there's the rust.

EDIT: 30k, my mistake.
DOUBLE EDIT: Ok, 11k 3.0CS-es, I knew I wasn't making up that number.

To sort of answer Joop's question

As far as Scotland is concerned...
Surviving Coupes

1 alive (Dave)
1 on life support, mine
1 spotted in Aberdeen / Montrose a few years ago now

so thats 1 1/2 for definite :o
Malc

PS I have emailed the DVLA in Swansea to see if the information is available regarding cars "legally on the road". It might involve a small fee, but I will pay it just to find out!
will keep you posted

Thanks a lot

We will have to do our best to keep as much as possible alive, with or without surgery or intensive care

Joseph

The points for Belgium,

I got an answer from Febiac (Fédération Belge de l'Industrie de l'Automobile et du Cycle) concerning the numbers of coupes still on
the Belgian roads in 2006

2500 cs : 3

2800 cs :
3.0 cs : together 75
3.0 csi :

3.0 csl : 2

that makes 80 together

My first idea was it would be around 50, so there is hope
Try to find it for your own country!

Joseph

Coupe numbers

Hi folks,

Just read the thread!

FOR SALE - LAST KNOWN LIVING COUPE IN SCOTLAND - No, I couldn't!

Quite a thought though.

I would be very interested to know how many are actually still left, not in use, but lying in barns and garages about the place, turning to tin worm food.

Hi Dave,

You're right, there must be more coupes waiting for restoration or the next owner somewhere in a garage or shed; but to me it looks impossible to get the numbers on these cars. In my own case, I have four coupes at the moment and only one is registrated because the others are not ready yet or almost ready for the press.
It is strange there are so little coupes left in England. Is there any explanation but the fact that BMW was a small company at that time?

Joseph

Back