OC Concours Sunday June 3rd

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correction in Title: Sunday June 2nd!

Thanks to Mike Burger and Fred Larimer we will have our own BMW Concours at the HB Concours d' Elegeance held at the Huntington Beach Public Library on Sunday June 2nd. Last year we gathered a few BMWs at the last minute and participated at this event and had a great time. Then the wheels started turning and some of us said "why not have our own categories" next year? Well, Mike and Fred put words into actions and now it's official. There are four classes of BMWs, if you are in Southern California you need to join us and either be judged or displayed or just wander among the great cars this show attracts.

http://hbconcours.org/classes/. The Homepage has more info on this event.

Or go to Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/505384636164466/

Last edited:

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
The HB Concours is quickly approaching. This is our first year where we have a specific BMW category. Please come help support us in making this a great event! Bring your BMW even if you aren't interested in having your car judged, there is a display only category for non judged cars.

The organizers of the HB Concours have finally gone 21st century and are now offering online registration!!! Here is a link to the online registration form. There is another page where you can pay after you’ve hit submit.

http://www.hbconcours.org/register-vehicle/

Thanks for your support; we hope to see you there!!!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BUMP

Deadline for applications is Tuesday the 28th, judging is not a requirement, display cars are welcome too.

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking forward to Attending it

Just found out that I'll be in LA that weekend (without my car though).

Looking forward to seeing in person some of the Coupes that so far I've
only seen in photos here in the forum. Hopefully will also get the
opportunity to meet some of you West Coast owners too!

pete

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
HB Concours

David,

We will be at the Concours on Sunday, Saturday is for Hotrods only; so best to go Sunday.

Mike

jmackro

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing in person some of the Coupes that so far I've only seen in photos here in the forum. Hopefully will also get the opportunity to meet some of you West Coast owners too!

Pete:

If you will be in the area both weekend days, round out the experience by coming to Cars & Coffee in Irvine on Saturday morning. There are always some e9's there, as well the wild and the wacky. You have to be there EARLY - the event basically runs from 6:30 am to 8:30 am. Be sure to park in the visitor parking structure if you are driving a rental car.

For more information see: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jay thanks!!

Pete:

If you will be in the area both weekend days, round out the experience by coming to Cars & Coffee in Irvine on Saturday morning. There are always some e9's there, as well the wild and the wacky. You have to be there EARLY - the event basically runs from 6:30 am to 8:30 am. Be sure to park in the visitor parking structure if you are driving a rental car.

For more information see: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php

I made the early morning trip to Irvine. To say that it was a spectular gathering of all types of wonderful cars is an understatement. My head was spinning trying to take in all the beautiful cars. It felt more like a car show except no judging. I saw 3 super looking E9's there but was not able to meet anyone to talk to. I'll post some pictures when I get back home.

Chris- on a disappointing note, A last minute schedule change means that I will be
unable to attend the Sunday car show. I saw the nice HB library when I stopped by to buy the tickets and a glimpse of the wonderful grounds where the show cars will likely be.
I'm really bummed that I won't get a chance to meet you guys and to see your cars, but maybe next year

At least thanks to Jay and what I saw this morning, I got a car fix this weekend!!

Hope you all have a wonderful car show on sunday...

Pete

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pete,

Sorry we didn't meet up in Irvine, always a great gathering. Likewise the Concours today, see my next post.

Chris

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats to John LaPorta

John (polaris6) took first in pre `76 BMWs with his `73 Verona coupe on his first contest. We think we now have him hooked on attending more events including Carmel this August. We had 25 BMWs, although not all were judged, including several nice e30 M3s and e28 535s and five very nice coupes. A big thanks to Mike Burger and Fred Larimer for getting this event going, and to Paul Cain our chief judge, we would like to make this an annual event and draw even more cars. We were the biggest marque other than the 50 or so Corvettes celebrating their 60th anniversary. Ron Perry's CSL also took a first place award along with his e28.

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 216

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
John (polaris6) took first in pre `76 BMWs with his `73 Verona coupe on his first contest. We think we now have him hooked on attending more events including Carmel this August. We had 25 BMWs, although not all were judged, including several nice e30 M3s and e28 535s and five very nice coupes. A big thanks to Mike Burger and Fred Larimer for getting this event going, and to Paul Cain our chief judge, we would like to make this an annual event and draw even more cars. We were the biggest marque other than the 50 or so Corvettes celebrating their 60th anniversary. Ron Perry's CSL also took a first place award along with his e28.

Thanks Chris. It was a lot of fun and would not have been possible without Mike, Fred, Paul and your support. Already looking forward to next year and possibly Carmel.