OC drive to Monterey

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone in the SoCal area headed to Monterey this Thursday is welcome to join us. We are meeting at 6AM at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at 405/Beach/Edinger. Will regroup in Santa Barbara around 8:45 for breakfast at Farmer Boy on State Street. Will decide there which route to take up the coast. Six coupes committed so far plus a couple of other BMWs. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone on Friday at Legends.

Chris

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We had agreat drive today to Monterey. We took the Naciemento Ferguson road above Paso Robles over the coast range to Lucia on Hwy 1. Traffic sucked from Carmel to Monterey though. We had Paul Cain, Tom Rakestraw, Murray Fowler and family, Gary Collins, Mike Pelly, Fred Larimer and a 280SE Coupe along for the ride. My wife tagged along with our son in the Highlander, this will be his first trip to the concours and Laguna Seca. Tomorrow, Legends of the Autobahn!

Chris

(and only one ticket, but not me)

aw21

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing photos from the show this year! Disappointed I couldn't make the drive down.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great event once again, over 450 cars including Porsche, MB and Audi. Finally got to meet Sven Larsen and Jan Gullet, saw friends Shawn Hansen, Kurt Delimon, Steve Johnson and David Dapper. Ron Perry had his awesome CSL Bat there as well after many, many hard months getting it ready for its debut and it showed. Saturday at the track was also great but sadly no photos as our camera was lost after taking tons of photos. Don't know who the featured marque will be in 2013 but it won't be BMW unfortunately.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great event once again, over 450 cars including Porsche, MB and Audi. Finally got to meet Sven Larsen and Jan Gullet, saw friends Shawn Hansen, Kurt Delimon, Steve Johnson and David Dapper. Ron Perry had his awesome CSL Bat there as well after many, many hard months getting it ready for its debut and it showed. Saturday at the track was also great but sadly no photos as our camera was lost after taking tons of photos. Don't know who the featured marque will be in 2013 but it won't be BMW unfortunately.

Hey Chris.

What overload......... geez there were cars everywhere. We had such a good time and I enjoyed talking to you on Friday. Some amazing coupes and many other BMW's. I almost broke my camera. 573 pictures from Friday morning to Sunday night.
So is that official. BMW won't be featured marque for 2013?

Gary & Phyllis Beck Monterey newbies.
Duluth, GA

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's Corvette for 2013. Supposedly BMW's 100 year anniversary is 2016 depending on which year it was actually founded. Nice chatting with you as well. Oktoberfest will still be in Monterey next year right after the Pebble weekend.

Chris