Oil Filter adapter for spin on filter and webers

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got it but it does not fit my 71, its for later model!
price $150.00 shipped, what I paid for it!
also 2 weber 6 months old with set up, switched to side drafts!
Price $500 shipped.
Email and I will gladly send pics! Thanks Joe

Hi; New member here; just activated!
Anyway, I have a 1972 Bavaria 3.0...and I'd be interested in the filter adapter. Which manufacturer is it? And do you happen to know if my E3 is old enough to use it? VIN 3132517.

The m30 is used across all e3 and e9, ask for a photo first. If it doesn't fit a 71 it may not be m30.

There are 3 different filter configurations for an M30. The oldest being a 4" canister that bolts on from the bottom. The other 2 are both 3 1/2" canisters the difference being one bolts on from the top one from the bottom. Since I am the one supplying these I can provide them in any configuration. I am out for the present and will only make them in in a minimum of 4 pieces. If interested PM me and I can go into more detail there rather than here.

I know for sure it does not fit a 4" cartridge canister, Gary knows what it fits exactly, thanks Gary!

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

It's the one in the picture, so you can verify the figment. It's the same as the one Ireland Engineering offers. They get $110 I think. You need to remove the center fitting from the head, then screw the adapter fitting in. I'll sell mine for $100 which includes the filter head as seen in the above picture. I'm pretty sure I just shit-canned my original fitting, so I'll have no use for my filter head if I sell the adapter, and you'll get a turn key solution.

Last edited:
Just trying to be informative. Quite a while ago when I spoke with a fellow named Adam at Ireland, he told me they didn't have the adapter for the large can as well as the adapter for the later top bolted 3.5" can. If I did something to offend you I apologise

Its ok Bert, I'm not offended. The solution that IE is offering is the one for the later aluminum can version that also uses the bottom bolt, but it will work on the earlier oil heads like the one I have pictured also. I just didn't understand why you were bringing up the later top bolt adapter since it isn't what we are talking about at the moment..
Regardless, Mine is sold.

Thank you, is the diameter 4" and how much you want for it? Thanks again Joe
Hey Joe, I need an answer as to whether or not you're interested, since I have another person ready commit. You're the one who is asking first, so you have priority.

Back