One Brown Wire.

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm connecting things back up under the dash and I have one earth wire that I don't know where it should go to.
It's a 72 CSA right hand drive in the UK, I'm sure there will be more wiring issues to come but if I can fix this it's one less.
It comes out of the loom at the branch of the lights switch and the two warning button switches as shown and is fairly long.

Cheers, John.

Attachments

• DSCN9464.JPG
    DSCN9464.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN9465.JPG
    DSCN9465.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN9466.JPG
    DSCN9466.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 33
I think that is Not earth ground as it looks to be Brown w/Yellow. It is most likely destined to your horn button. Do you have the wiring diagram? In the engine bay it should go to #16 Horn Relay terminal 85 and then through the firewall and present as a female spade connector as you have shown. In my car that spade then connects to a Brown/Yellow wire in a wire bundle going into the steering column.
If your steering column has a wire bundle coming out with nothing on the Brown/Yellow you can be fairly certain.

Now I've looked at the photo's enlarged on my laptop screen I can see the yellow on the wire, could not see that under the dash, I'll take a look at the horn wiring next time I'm at my unit later this week. I do have a wiring diagram but was looking for a brown wire.

Thanks for your help Rob.

John.

I think that is Not earth ground as it looks to be Brown w/Yellow. It is most likely destined to your horn button. Do you have the wiring diagram? In the engine bay it should go to #16 Horn Relay terminal 85 and then through the firewall and present as a female spade connector as you have shown. In my car that spade then connects to a Brown/Yellow wire in a wire bundle going into the steering column.
If your steering column has a wire bundle coming out with nothing on the Brown/Yellow you can be fairly certain.
Verrry nice detective work Mr Columbo Rob :cool:

Back