Only for the very brave!

day66

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if £70k would sort it - if you're paying someone else to do it!

A bigger worry may be how long can you enjoy using the car in the UK ....

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Economically more viable to buy a restored one.

I love when people say this.

“Car is complete and original apart from the gearbox, propshaft, cylinder head and steering wheel which all went to another csl at Munich Legends”

In others words not complete!

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Easy to write this one off. But someone with deep pockets, who has a "team" who can restore correctly, should take this one on and rescue it. Not for me, I have my own overspent project, but there are indeed some owners/restorers who could do this one justice and still, by the time it is complete, probably make a profit, though how much will always be debatable. Perhaps they will just drive it! But it should be saved. Dick? Got room? ;) Really, not many left, I hope someone steps up.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would be good to know what the VIN is for future reference so that it doesn’t ‘appear’ on another E9!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suppose that part of this is opportunism. When I first joined this board in 2015, complete RHD CSL's in fair condition could be had for well under $100K. I've watched prices go up, but anecdotally, the RHD CSL has risen in value more than any other E9 IMO.