Oops on Ebay

Misterchinn

Reaction score
I hope this wasn't any of you. But I was watching a coupe on Ebay, nice black CS in Virginia, with a 635 3.5L engine. Anyhoo... the owner listed it with a reserve a week ago, got bid up to $11K, but that didn't meet the reserve.

Relisted it, but either forgot to set a reserve or took a chance with no reserve, and it just ended today, for $8,600... oops.

Again, I hope it wasn't you. Or, I hope you were the guy who bought it for $8600, pretty good deal IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...oryZ6056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

psychrunner

Reaction score
Good Deal? Maybe

It may be a good deal, but that rust around the fender well is enough to suggest that some body work is necessary, which generally leads to ...well , more body work. Which leads to (as I am finding out as I send check after check to the resto shop) a whole bunch of hours in repair and $$. The interior does look good and it appears to be relatively well maintained, but.....who knows.
psychrunner

chicane

Reaction score
I hope this wasn't any of you. But I was watching a coupe on Ebay, nice black CS in Virginia, with a 635 3.5L engine. Anyhoo... the owner listed it with a reserve a week ago, got bid up to $11K, but that didn't meet the reserve.

Relisted it, but either forgot to set a reserve or took a chance with no reserve, and it just ended today, for $8,600... oops.

Again, I hope it wasn't you. Or, I hope you were the guy who bought it for $8600, pretty good deal IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...oryZ6056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What's the oops? He put it up once and didn't get the reserve, he put it up again and got the market value for the car. If any system clearly displays the market value for cars it is ebay. People bid what they are willing to pay for a car. I don't see anything special about the car. It is not original in any way, and in very average shape.

Misterchinn

Reaction score
Ok, ok... you're right... not that special, buyer probably a paid fair price... I guess I'm just empathizing with the seller, he had $11K in the pocket, but overvalued its worth (who doesn't after pouring in buckets of cash) and ended up losing $2,400.

I'm sure he was thinking, "Heck, I paid $9000 in upgrades, it's gotta be worth at least $15,000 now."

That's all I'm saying, I feel for the guy.