orange county new guy

JDJ

Reaction score
Hello everyone...I wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for such a great board full of good, interesting advice and resources about these coupes. I live in San Juan Capistrano and met HB Chris and Murray at cars and coffee a couple of weeks ago in Irvine and enjoyed talking to both of them and checking out their beautiful coupes. I have always wanted one of these cars since high school when a buddy of mine used to drive me to school in his parents' very beat up beige 2800 cs (in 1983).

I recently bought a 1970 2800 cs from Coupe King that is undergoing the last stages of restoration. Peter and Erik have been working on this car a little bit at a time and Peter says he had planned to keep it for himself. Nice guys, very knowledgeable, and while probably on the expensive side for these cars, it has been a fun and very pleasant experience to deal with them. It is a great car with a lot of nice upgrades (3.5 L, 5 Speed, new dual carbs, their CK exhaust, new paint, new interior, beautiful, clean undercarriage, staggered CK replica Alpinas, very nice in every way) and it will be ready for me to pick up in the next 30 days or so. I intend to drive it quite a lot (I want to try the carbs but may go to fuel injection at some point) and I look forward to meeting you guys and keeping up with all of the interesting information on the board. I "bought the best coupe I could afford" from reputable, good folks as I couldn't keep up with you guys who work actively on these cars and make them spectacular. I do look forward to learning more about these beautiful cars from all of you.

I can't wait to pick it up!

John

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Wecome aboard John--

Your Coupe sounds like a real winner. Believe I saw it "in process" several weeks ago.

I'm sure you and Chris Macha will have a lot to discuss having experience in Coupe sorting by CK and company. They are very knowlegable on every aspect of these cars and yours will no doubt incorporate features that are improvements over some of the original factory details.

Join us again at C 'n C in Irvine.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John,

Congrats! I saw your new coupe a week ago at CK's, it looks very, very nice. I know you will be pleased and will have a coupe to enjoy for many years to come.

Chris

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
John-

I have admired your coupe at Coupe King for quite some time. I have watched the progress of the restoration and it is a fantastic car and one of my favorite colors. I actually saw your car today when I was at Coupe King checking on the progress of my Verona 3.0. I should have my car back in a couple weeks and look forward to seeing you at C&C. Welcome to the club.

John

JDJ

Reaction score
Thank you for the nice comments about the car. It isn't the red one, I saw that car also and it was great. It is the Atlantik 2800 that Peter has had there for a while. I am driving those guys at CK nuts with my changes, little details and requests. Most of what I have requested came from surfing this board and reading all of the comments. Great insights. I have wanted a coupe for 20 years andI am excited to see it come together, it should be awesome - the Coupe King guys have been great.

I look forward to my first cars and coffee.

john

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I know you have the Atlantik, mine is the red one (Verona). Don't worry about driving Erik and Peter nuts, I have been doing it for years. Great guys.

John

JDJ

Reaction score
I love that red coupe! Erik showed me your car inside and out and used it as an example on a whole bunch of items we were discussing, it really looks great. I look forward to meeting all of you local guys and learning about these cars. Gonna be a lot of fun.