Orange Relay receptacle availability?

aguirola

Reaction score
My receptacle for the orange relay next to the battery has had overheating issues and need to locate a new one.

I have looked all over the web and no results. Being in El Salvador, adds to a rather difficult hunt, as here, nothing left in spares.

Any help in locating one would be great.

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
an orange relay next to the battery ?
can you please explain yourself with a photo ?
i have some NOS receptacles for the original relays, the round, aluminium hella ones, but never heard about orange relays, unless you are using modern relays...

the only thing orange colured in that side of my engine is the cap of the tester unit

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
dQ,

i think the tester socket is what he is referring to. its the only thing orange socket i know of under the hood.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you purchase a modern Hella replacement relay it is a hell'a ugly orange color.

Just got one from La Jolla. Adds a certain cheeriness under the hood!

aguirola

Reaction score
an orange relay next to the battery ?
can you please explain yourself with a photo ?
i have some NOS receptacles for the original relays, the round, aluminium hella ones, but never heard about orange relays, unless you are using modern relays...

the only thing orange colored in that side of my engine is the cap of the tester unit

As the car came with it, I have no idea what it should be. Most likely it is an aluminium one, and it is right next to one as you mention.

I am not near the car, so cannot post a photo.

I assume a socket just as the one for the alloy one and it fits right next to the battery.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
As the car came with it, I have no idea what it should be. Most likely it is an aluminium one, and it is right next to one as you mention.

I am not near the car, so cannot post a photo.

I assume a socket just as the one for the alloy one and it fits right next to the battery.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

ok, as previously mentioned it is a replacement relay, and yes the sockets are the same for one or for the other

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perfect. So where in the USA can I find the alloy relay and a new socket?
Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

Mesa Performance in California.

Not really sure you want the aluminum relays. I bought three from Mesa, hollowed them out and then filled them with expandable foam to use as covers over new, reliable relays. ( which are cheap to replace ). NOS look, modern reliability.