Original Taiga Color Sticker

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture? Rogerstii has them as "Taiga PVC-frei", other sites have it as "Taiga Metallic". Perhaps based on year or car destination (country). Tx

I think the pvc free was introduced in 1974 and that might be the reason, the same happens with Polaris and I’ve seen 74 Polaris coupes with pvc free if I remember correctly.

My car is a 1972 US
I am quite sure the stickers are original, no way to know for sure though
It was repainted before I bought it, which was 30 years ago, but they didn't paint under the hood, and looked like 20 years of dirt
the sticker says:

AuBenlackierung-BMW
polaris PVC-frei

Here is the recent BaT Taiga coupe from 1975.

58DF4EAB-7EB1-47CF-AE02-18AB9CBE4FC9.jpeg

My car is a 1972 US
It was repainted before I bought it, which was 30 years ago, but they didn't paint under the hood, and looked like 20 years of dirt
the sticker says:

AuBenlackierung-BMW
polaris PVC-frei
Mark, please post a photo.

Like I said, I think this is original to the car, it didn't look like anything under the hood was ever worked on

Attachments

• polaris paint code sticker from my car 1k.jpg
    polaris paint code sticker from my car 1k.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 112
So we have 72 US with PVC reference and a 75 euro with PVC reference. Mine is a 73 euro.

I was never this anal till I joined this forum, like who should care about a sticker................but I do dammit!.

My car is a 1972 US
the sticker says:

AuBenlackierung-BMW
polaris PVC-frei
Mark what month was your car built? Mine is June 72 and it has its original Polaris Neu sticker on a non-repainted engine compartment

I will have to see if I have a photo of it, I don't have the car here, I will PM it to you

sorry for the misinformation! I was going by a sticker sitting on my desk that I assumed came from my car, but I found a photo of the stickers still on the car and it says:
polaris neu

Back