Original Wind split decals

Keshav

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all. Firstly, I/ we all hope that those who are in the vincity of the Hurricane, are well and safe.
Ok, I asked Stan, who has made the 4/5gears decals, as to whether he could make a few sets of original wind split decals. As per Stan, making them is not the problem, demand is paramount. Since I'm positive that these have never been reproduced, the fact that they are so eye catching, white on black rubber background. They are visible 'a mile away' and an absolute 'must have' for the wind splits.
Needless to say, I'm hoping others will join in and voice their wishes for Stan to agree. Almost no original w'splits owners have the decals anymore and before they completely disappear....... I will provide Stan with a 'template' so he can come up with an approximate price per set/pair. As such, they are simple, therefore the price per set can't be exorbitant.
I haven't seen them even on the most perfectly restored CSL's!
On the light/ humorous side, surely BMW Pete would have won the first prize at Pebble Beach if his CSL had the decals on the wind splits (that is one perfect CSL) :)
Wishing all a great and fun F1 weekend.
Keshav
I've added a pic of my wind split original decal, noticeable if you enlarge the pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 235
I've sent the 'template' photos to Stan. Thanks Atavistic and 3oCSL, but please support this (needful) cause :)
Thanks. Keshav

Hello all. The wind split decal(s), perfect copy, are about to get printed. Originally only one w'split had the decal and part#, since the splits are interchangeable, but, we are making them in pairs for the option of applying to either or both sides. Furthermore, the print will be 'behind' the transparent sticker to protect them from external conditions and the adhesive being used is for rubber surfaces.
More to follow, as soon as I can post a decal.
Keshav

Back