Overnight between Atlanta and Montgomery

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looking for an overnight between Atlanta and Montgomery along I-85 for Monday night (Jan 26) with Coupe in tow on open UHAUL trailer behind a UHAUL van. Any offers appreciated. I would stay at a hotel but not sure I trust the car and van in a parking lot overnight.

Birmingham would also work...

Drew

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
birmingham is way out of the way. the drive is only a couple of hours between montgomery + atlanta. the best bet is Opelika - near the georgia border - close to Auburn, so a reasonable number of hotels + places to eat

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew,

So you're finally bringing your coupe home where it belongs, bravo! Hope you found some room to squeeze it in the garage.

Chris

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Birmingham works because the route is Greensboro NC to Houston, so I could deviate if needed. Agree Atlanta-Montgomery is best.

Finally bringing it home...probably unpainted, which was not the plan but I cant leave it there forever. Now that the Bav has most of its parts back on I should be able to squeeze it in there. Going to be a bit tight for a while but I can move some "stuff" to make room.

If anybody has room in a driveway and a pillow for my head overnight that is the preference over a hotel parking lot for the car on trailer.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew,

it looks like i will be out of town for most of that week. as i occasionally drive from atlanta to lafayette, LA ... i find it generally better to drive i 20 out of atlanta thru b'ham to meridian, ms ... then down to slidell, la to join i 12 to baton rouge ... then i 10 from there. there always seems to be less traffic on i 59 from meridian to slidell than there is on i 10 thru gulfport / biloxi. the absolute worst stretch is common to both paths - slidell thru baton rouge across the atchafalaya river ... that drive can be brutal.

good luck
scott

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I-12 between Slidell & Baton Rouge is full of crazy rednecks and sleep deprived, speeding 18 wheelers. If someone goes off the Atchafayla bridge (not uncommon), it can derail you by half a day. Been through that a few times.

Anyway, I am probably too close to Houston but if you make it to NOLA you're welcome here.

Drew,

it looks like i will be out of town for most of that week. as i occasionally drive from atlanta to lafayette, LA ... i find it generally better to drive i 20 out of atlanta thru b'ham to meridian, ms ... then down to slidell, la to join i 12 to baton rouge ... then i 10 from there. there always seems to be less traffic on i 59 from meridian to slidell than there is on i 10 thru gulfport / biloxi. the absolute worst stretch is common to both paths - slidell thru baton rouge across the atchafalaya river ... that drive can be brutal.

good luck
scott

bdigel

Reaction score
if you want to stay in ATL over night you can park your truck and trailer on the side st next to my house , I do it all the time , had my coupe on the trailer there just the other Night and there is a holiday inn not far from the house

holler

BD

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions guys. BD, I may take you up on the offer to stop by in ATL and Steve, if I need another break I will look you up in NOLA but my hope is to keep on trucking! Scott, sorry to miss you.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The coupe is home in Houston. Yeah. Finally. Not yet painted as was the intent but at least it is now were it belongs. I will post some pics...soon.