Paint protection film

mwcs73

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will be taking delivery shortly of my 73 3.0cs after what has been a long and comprehensive restoration.

I searched but couldn’t find anything on it, so does anyone have any recommendations for PPF? Are there any kits currently and if so, has anyone done it?

thanks,

Matt.

In my house we start out with not allowing any children near the car.

Seriously, I use Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

If you run an air dam, have Xpel or similar clear film applied. It will save thousands of dollars in repainting it over the years.

Not a fan of any clear bra material on the actual car. I'd rather touch up paint any stone chips that have dimpled plastic.
If you decide to do something Like Xpel have to do the hood and the nose & front fenders up top the front edge of the doors or hide the line at the turn signal.

Everyone that drives their cars around here, have their cars wrapped. Minimum the front and upper roof line but many just go the full Monty. There's definitely advantages to a full wrap and you no longer have to worry about how often you wash or detail your car. The paint is completely protected. There's great piece of mind with that. If you don't really plan on putting miles on, then at just the front areas and roof line would be good. Have it done by someone with a good reputation that will stand by their work and has experience with classic cars. It's not cheap when done right but it may be worth it to you if you've just gotten the car from restoration... My 2 cents

Last edited:
Back