Paint question

riverflyer

Reaction score
I know there are a ton of variables to this question but looking for feedback from people who have been there and will share costs, satisfaction etc.
i have a nice, honest 74 csi and am thinking about getting it painted. It is polaris blue now and am considering painting white or black. I would go the whole 9 yards but do not need a totally concours paint job just a solid quality, complete job.
Any experiences and costs appreciated.
Car is in N. Calif.
thanks, John

Malc

Reaction score
Most of the commercial costs for painting are in the preperation of the car, thus the more you do yourself the "cheaper" it will be.
If you want the engine bay and boot (trunk) done then it will be more expensive. Add even more cost and time to get exposed interior metal painted.

If you can get the car down to a rolling shell then the cost will be reduced, however this requires you to
1.. remove all external trim, lights etc
2.. remove glass and interior, protect the dashboard or remove if going the whole hog!
3.. remove engine and engine bay components
4.. remove belt trim

Then get it painted and put the car back together

Humm sounds familiar :roll:
Malc

riverflyer

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment Malc, visited a paint shop today and found a very similar response. The paint on my is actually quite good and I realized, talking with the body guy that a color change would be way too much money. thanks.

So my next question is, can anyone tell me where I might find a rubber set, ie, window gaskets, door moulding etc?