Part Number Search-turn/wiper/washer switch

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a turn/wiper/washer switch and I would like to find out what vehicle it is for. Is there a way to enter the PN into a search somewhere to locate this information? If I enter the 7 digit information in the Mobile Traditions or Real OEM search function the message is that the PN cannot be found, but I am sure it comes off of one of our cars. It clearly is from the right side of the steering column, but does not have the prong that catches the cancelling device in the steering wheel, so I am wondering a) what car it was for and b) how it was supposed to work.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Column switch part numbers

In my experience, the part numbers on the switches don't relate to the BMW part number.

To make things more complicated, according to the orange parts books, there were 6 different part numbers for turnsignal switches, with 2 being for the 74s with the switch on the left side.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
What is the part number you have? I have the exact same parts database system that BMW dealer use and I might be able to look it up - sometimes it can identify things when Real OEM can't. If you have a photo it might also help.

I picked up a spare switch assembly a while back "just in case" but the cable connector is completely different. It has all the right wires but I will need to splice all of them if I plan to install it.

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Switch number

I believe it is 1335734 or 1355743. This looks to be a switch that does what I want but it has no prong to cancel the turn signal, nor does it have the capability for one. My original has the guts more or less "exposed: including a spring. The one I bought on eBay is completely enclosed.

For the record, I am looking for one again. Right side location, turn/wash/wiper.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
It is probably 1355743. I was not able to find this part number but it is within the appropriate range. It is difficult to imagine a non-cancelling turn signal switch on a BMW. If the style looks like what you have on your car it is probably for an E9 or and E3 of some type - I think the turn signal switch was completely different on the 2002's and also after the initial 3/5 series. I would bet it is for a non-US or EMEA car if it doesn't have a cancelling system.

coupe74

Reaction score
turn switch

Are these still available OEM or after-market or substitution?
I'd like to find one for my 1974 US coupe because mine doesn't return to center after a turn, so I do the "old guy with blinker on for miles" dance.
Or maybe a fix?
I may not check back to this thread so please email me direct, thanks.
-Keith