Partial restoration 69 2800 CS

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello to all of you E9ers :)
Here I am with my 2800 CS in need of a restoration of engine compartment and some "finishing" to mechanic.
Actually my problem is finding some parts for my 1253 ZF gearbox. Parts needed are the ones arrowed. Of these parts, I only found the rubber mounting, nothing else. Anyone could help me? It will be better to find parts in Europe, but also USA should be ok. 1.jpg 2 (1).jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg Vano BMW.jpg
1.jpg
2 (1).jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Vano BMW.jpg

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oil seals you can buy anywhere. Realoem tells the sizes. The front is 30X42X7 and the rear is 38X52X10. If you google those sizes, or even go to a local auto parts or bearing store, you'll find them easily.

Gaskets can be made if there's no other source. It takes time but isn't hard.

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oil seals you can buy anywhere. Realoem tells the sizes. The front is 30X42X7 and the rear is 38X52X10. If you google those sizes, or even go to a local auto parts or bearing store, you'll find them easily.

Gaskets can be made if there's no other source. It takes time but isn't hard.

Thank you very much Layne for your precious tips. About the gaskets: mechanic told me it is possible to use a special paste instead of gaskets, but I think your way is the better one, whatever will be the cost!

Stefano

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
This came up in another thread, but I don't know how to copy a link to it.

I had the same issue. Thought about cutting my own gaskets, but a someone recommended using Loctite 574 sealant instead. Was told it the same stuff used by Porsche guys to seal 911 engine block halves.

I used the Loctite 574 sealant in place of the gaskets you pointed out. Over a year later and a couple of thousand miles, no transmission leaks.

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you Ohio, it will be an "emergency exit" if we shouldn't be able tu build a couple of new gaskets!