Parts Acquisition - Row 52

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am seeking parts from a yard in Chino, CA. (This is for my e28, but the question applies for all BMW parts)

Does Row52 vet the parts pickers who get my parts request? I received a reply from a guy who joined Row52 last week.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They have a sellers program, you can see the individual profiles at:

You can pick and pull a picker, how is that for a pun?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thx Arde. Both pickers who have responded to my parts request do not show on the seller program list. There is no costs to join the seller's list, so why not join? And how did they get my parts request if they are not on the seller's program list?

More importantly, how does a potential buyer figure out of these guys are legit? One joined last week, another joined in March. And I got a message from another guy saying "I have your parts (without restating what I am looking for). Please contact me at XXXX (outside of the Row52 message system).

I talked to the yard, and as of yesterday the parts were there. Without a known picker, I don't see how this works. I don't want to pay a random person in advance when I have no idea who I am dealing with; Picker/seller doesn't want to buy and pull the part without knowing they are going to get paid.

I may use the info you provided, and select a picker with some feedback. (or attempt to contact Don and see if he has anyone he uses for this particular yard.)

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now that you outed SFDon, I heard that he runs a network of spies there.
Not sure if they are just informants or they also get their hands dirty removing parts.
If I were you I would evaluate pickers using a bogus car and part, and after selecting one reveal what you really need.