Parts for donation

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello e9'rs! It's been a while since I've visited and I hope everyone is well! I am still actively driving my e9 and other BMW's although working on them less and less-partly because they're actually running well and partly because I'm getting too old to fiddle with them. It's been so hot here in Austin that I can't imagine driving anything without air conditioning that actually works so the e9 is in the garage mostly until fall.

I came across a bunch of parts that I no longer need and thought I would pass them along- so it works like this:

These are free, I'll even pay shipping in the US- sorry not Hawaii or Alaska, or PR, or any other offshore nation we may have colonized since I last watched TV- However it will go to the first person who can correctly identify the largest number of parts in the next 5 days, and in the event of a tie, they will ship to the first "identifier".

My request is that if the winner finds anything of value that they make a donation to the site- Fair?

Here we go...
free2.jpg

Grab bag test.... Hmmm.

Is there an independent judge?

I'll start with a few..

1974 steering column lower cover

wisch-wasch tank with cap and hose (3 items)!!

5 pin main relay with wires

1 slave cylinder

1 slave cylinder

wiper stalk

round relay

2 zip locks baggies and a blue box!

I’d take the e9 slave cylinder. Fits NKs too.

Last edited:
Peter, wonderful to hear from you and that you are, like me, still driving/enjoying our e9/e3 autos. Enjoyed your side glance at our Colonial Proclivities. Nothing but much bigger trouble in that history, especially for the Brits and most other European colonizers. I don't live in TX; I live in bucolic Bucks County, PA. But our summers are already longer than they were 10 years ago, hotter and more humid than they were 10 years ago, and becoming more and more Texas-like by the month. My last two BMWs, a 2002, 76 known as Lilli, and my current 72 Bavaria have both had freeze your Texas Balls Off air conditioning. Colder than our modern Subaru.

A generous offer, and if I still had a coupe I would be enlarging and counting.

Texas
All the weather you can handle….

Attachments

• IMG_7569.png
    IMG_7569.png
    804.6 KB · Views: 24
Don, second and third prizes are a trip to anywhere else. We don't often hope for second place but there are always exceptions.

Opps! My mistake.
Trip to Texas? They’ll need to make better wine first. ;)

Is this an open reply event?
Can I just copy and paste Don's entry, adding the hose clamp?
Is that really a wiper only stalk (looks like too many wires) :)

Hi Peter. Is that a wiper motor under right rear of the washer bottle?
If so I am interested.
Thanks for your generousity.

hey Peter ... great to see you posting. been thinking about you while i've been working on the coupe ancestry project ... seen your name pop up a couple of times.
i am definitely in need of the wiper washer bottle pump ... mine has gone missing at the painter

Is this an open reply event?
Can I just copy and paste Don's entry, adding the hose clamp?
Is that really a wiper only stalk (looks like too many wires) :)
You already have at least 7 of everything in this box hidden in your loft.......:)

hey Peter ... great to see you posting. been thinking about you while i've been working on the coupe ancestry project ... seen your name pop up a couple of times.
i am definitely in need of the wiper washer bottle pump ... mine has gone missing at the painter
Scott--The paint on the body of your coupe has also gone missing at the painter.....

I'll be happy to re-distribute if am the lucky winner; it is the thrill of the hunt.
1724957385139.png

Found a box of elephant skins and will look for your piece - send picture for color match.

As an early responder, curious to know my "score" on the crate contents - what is in the blue box... and the plastic bags?

OK, 2000CS you are the winner through initial PM. Don, as a frequent visitor to the ranch you are disqualified as you may have seen these items before and may even have taken photos when I was not paying attention. I'm surprised nobody identified the stock heatshield? And in the "blue box" is a set of parking brake handle strengtheners originally put together by DeQuincy (if I remember correctly). Also, please feel free to re-distribute parts you do not need.

Thanks everyone for participating. I recently got my dogleg transmission back from Mr. Don so I'm on the road again- just like Willie, only not as stoned :cool:

2000CS, please PM your address!

Back