parts to pick up in DE?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are there any E9 parts worth picking up in Germany from suppliers that do not ship to the US? I wil stop there soon and was thinking about door seals and other things you need sooner or later. Must fit in a suitcase.

Why buy door seals? I got mine from the stealer for way cheaper than W&N, or anybody else, for that matter, especially when shipping is included.

Unless you find something on German ebay and/or a seller is reluctant to ship to the US, it really makes little sense to purchase parts in Germany. Given the present condition of the $ vs Euro you are much better off purchasing parts here in the US.

Are there any E9 parts worth picking up in Germany from suppliers that do not ship to the US? I wil stop there soon and was thinking about door seals and other things you need sooner or later. Must fit in a suitcase.

You could always pick yourself up a CSL :D .

OK so seals are out. The other two things I saw at W&N are the mechanical fuel pump
and the chromed plastic trims for the hood and side. Oh and it would be great to run into a tool box in Germany or the north pole for that matter...

Tool box I can understand.
Original style Roundels would be good. (Metal, raised, the works)
Beltline trim would be a little hard to fit in a suitcase.
Several bolts of CSL Scheel fabric or Alpina fabric would be cool.
You could snag a 272 or higher cam for pretty cheap. May have trouble with security for that one, though.
You might be able to find a S38 lying around for dirt cheap. Shipping would be a bear, but given how even beat-up, naked S38s run for at least 5k over here it would probably be cheaper.
Oh, the little side marker lights in the rear. Why oh why did they make it have a plastic clip front end that always breaks?
People are always asking for Hazard switches and the like on ebay, make yourself a few bucks. I guess they have never fixed their own before.

Perhaps most important:
Pictures of the CSL's and CS-es at the BMW museum! Gotta make a trip over there.

Perhaps most important:
Pictures of the CSL's and CS-es at the BMW museum! Gotta make a trip over there.[/quote]

unfortunately the BMW museum 's been closed for years.
You can see couple of pretty nice race cars,like M1,M3(Cecotto),F1,etc.

...but forget ebout E9.The receptionist didn't even know what it is. :lol:

Perhaps most important:
Pictures of the CSL's and CS-es at the BMW museum! Gotta make a trip over there.[/quote]

unfortunately the BMW museum 's been closed for years.there's one they say it is temporary,the big one is under reconstruction

You can see couple of pretty nice race cars,like M1,M3(Cecotto),F1,etc.

...but forget ebout E9.The receptionist didn't even know what it is. :lol:

Museum is re opening sometime this year I beleive, about september/October?
BMW club here is going on trip to DE to visit, Museum, Frankfurt motor show, Alpina, Nub Ring for skids in M5 Taxis etc

Back