Peloton bike or Exhaust for the coupe

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
This is a tough one,

Replace a semi crusty exhaust and headers or purchase a new peloton bike. This is ridiculous, honestly, these coupes always leave you with single option on where to buy parts.

What else would you do with that budget?

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Hmmm...whatever you do, do not ask your spouse! ;)
lol,

I can tolerate the rust repairs on coupes, 912s/911s, 2002s, building Ikea shelves, wrapping trees with Christmas lights, put up and down Halloween decorations, take the mother in law on a trip occasionally, but I will not accept “spouse approval” lol, I will not voluntarily get fitted for a bear trap. Lol. I digress :D Sorry.
The peloton is the fiancé’s idea.

P.S. 32 strands to wrap 14feet vert.

Attachments

• 1AE390F9-0CC1-42A2-8C88-1E45988F3D97.jpeg
    1AE390F9-0CC1-42A2-8C88-1E45988F3D97.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 123

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Is there a really a question here? You can get all your exercise putting on your new exhaust system and running outside is free
I get plenty of that type of exercise lol (manual labor), trust me. I was very skeptical about a stationary bike, but the user experience is excellent, very motivating. That’s neither here or there.

but really, is Wallotnesh is the only option to buy an exhaust system and drop $1,500 shipped to the states? and another $500 on headers from Ireland engineering.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I would go for the Peloton. Cars are a get outlet in these weird times but there is nothing better than getting a good workout in regularly to beat the Covid blues. With all of workout facilities still closed in Oregon, I am so thankful that we have a pretty decent threadmill in our family room. I'd be going crazy if I couldn't run (outside or inside weather depending) everyday.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My wife is getting a Peloton on the 29th. Been waiting since early December for it. They say they will assemble it outside due to Covid. Hmmmn, it needs to go up two flights of tight stairs to reach its intended location. Looks like I will be taking apart a freshly assembled Peloton. I know nothing about these devices.
I have found a huge increase in my desire to be outside so far this winter. Found a hiking trail that goes up Ontario's highest vertical hill in back of the property we have rented the last 5 winters. Also found some cross country ski boots I looked a month for last week hanging from a bag in the garage. All ski hills closed in Ontario as we have a stay at home advisory. Finally getting quite a bit of exercise after 10 months on hold.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We have a Peloton, keep in mind on top of the purchase price is the subscription of $39-$45 per month. You will get more use out of the Coupe exhaust.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
I see at least one stationary bike at the foot of a driveway with a "FREE" sign attached every week. Treadmills are a close second. Has anyone ever looked lovingly or wistfully at a stationary bike?
I would never have entertained the idea of a stationary bike, other then the bike is built well, the content it’s where it’s at, motivational and engaging.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I get plenty of that type of exercise lol (manual labor), trust me. I was very skeptical about a stationary bike, but the user experience is excellent, very motivating. That’s neither here or there.

but really, is Wallotnesh is the only option to buy an exhaust system and drop $1,500 shipped to the states? and another $500 on headers from Ireland engineering.
Check out Fritz Bits. I just bought the exhaust system from them.
I liked how it sounded on OCCoupe's car.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Used to attend spin class three or four times a week at the gym ( pre-COVID). I had a nice spin bike at home that never got used, but I use it now with the peloton app and it is just fine...though I need to use it more often . I say do both

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
My experience would have you purchasing a rowing machine. 3x the work out, considerably more muscles used than just biking, no impact and far faster results. Also, it could lead you to try a bit of rowing and fall in love with the majesty of skimming across flat water. But don’t forget to go ahead and order an exhaust at the same time. They can both yield similar endorphin releases.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
The old joke about the guy who needed surgery to repair his manhood for 50K, when the guy asked his wife, she said she would rather have a new kitchen.