Photos from yesterday's OC drive - C&C to BB&B's....

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We had a kickin' day yesterday - I especially want to thank Tom Rakestraw, Mike Pelly and Andy Wong for helping get everything going in the OC - Tom, having the Vintage BMW sign as the 'Featured Marque" was a great fun surprise, and Mike that drive was beautiful. The OC E9 guys stepped up. Ron I deserves a lot of credit for getting his place cleaned up and ready, I wouldn't have guessed there was a fire there. He's a stand up guy and a straight shooter, a good person to throw your car work at if you're anywhere in his neighborhood. I want to drive like Murray when I grow up as well. Thank you all. Photos are up at the website:

http://www.socalvintagebmw.com/OCDrivePhotos.html

I'm sorry I don't have better/more photos from the actual drive - keeping up with the E9's armed only with a 38/38 on my M10 and the 4 speed trans kept me busy. My apologies for not having printed maps, and especially to Dave and Matt Schwartz (love that cabrio....) for the mix up on departure times. I think by the time the event rolls around I might have this stuff down pat. Oh, well.... Next up, we;ll have a NOS parts day (and bbq?) at John Barlow's parts depot and car storage in Van Nuys. You may get to see NOS stuff you didn't even know existed......and Malibu is first weekend after Labor Day. Oh yeah, there's this cool meet in Van Nuys in October as well...so if you haven't yet registered for it......theres no excuse at this point! Thanks again.
Jeff