Pic of black metal frame at the top of rear window regulator?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would anyone have a pic of the above please? I'm talking about the piece that bolts onto the regulator and onto which the window armrest looks on to.

The reason I ask is because I noticed that mine seems to have a second hole drilled right under the forward top one with matching tapping on the frame behind it for some reason. And it is on both sides. I have not seen that elsewhere and I wonder it someone drilled that for alignment purposes. I have to say it is very difficult to insert the bolt on the original top right one as it seems to drilled a bit too far back to match the captive nut behind it. And that it with all other bolts loosened and the frame pulled as far forward as possible

IMG_9769.jpg IMG_9769.jpg

Would anyone have a pic of the above please? I'm talking about the piece that bolts onto the regulator and onto which the window armrest looks on to.

The reason I ask is because I noticed that mine seems to have a second hole drilled right under the forward top one with matching tapping on the frame behind it for some reason. And it is on both sides. I have not seen that elsewhere and I wonder it someone drilled that for alignment purposes. I have to say it is very difficult to insert the bolt on the original top right one as it seems to drilled a bit too far back to match the captive nut behind it. And that it with all other bolts loosened and the frame pulled as far forward as possible

View attachment 145368 View attachment 145369

is there anything here ?

Thank you Jesus. I had already gone through that thread with a fine tooth comb. But the top holes are covered in each of those pictures unfortunately

Sure man I have a pic of everything. :D

Note that some of these are for a CSL but that doesn’t change the mounting points.

8EF45C20-5CC4-418A-8E18-58A560EA208F.jpeg
F76CDF85-6E2E-4346-9BE4-154B1B678E6F.jpeg
A13461EA-46DC-4FD5-B754-65CEF657CAB6.jpeg

Good grief. What a treasure trove! That certainly goes to show that there should only be 1 hole at the top forward part. So for some reason, someone found it necessary to dill and tap a second one below on mine. Really strange. All they had to do was file to to hole 1mm towards the front and everything works great.

Thank you very much @Markos

NEWSBREAK: Mystery solved! That second hole is for the late '73 and '74 seat belt holder thingy. That makes a whole lot more sense than what I was thinking about...

Back