Pic Request: Rial Basket Weave Wheels on E9

M-System

Reaction score
When I get some new pictures, these Rial wheels, along with a matching pair of 16x7" will be up on the sale forum soon.
Six wheels in pairs of;
16x7"
16x8"
16x9"

damienh

Reaction score
Sorry to drag it back to the colour green, but having a turkis car, I'm pretty sure the Ferrari badged pic is not turkis, and that pic 9-1 and pic 10 are both turkis. Amazing how different this colour can look depending on the colour of the light and type of camera used I always think.

Back to the wheels now.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Not so fast Damien...

:mrgreen:

Lot's of research has gone into the color history and if you have particular information to make it more accurate please PM or post it here...

These wheels are not the entire subject of the conversation and frankly are a cheap imitation not to be confused with more correct versions.

Cheers!

Ran

M-System

Reaction score
These wheels are not the entire subject of the conversation and frankly are a cheap imitation not to be confused with more correct versions.

Cheers!

Ran

What are the "correct versions" of the wheels these are imitating?

Thanks

pamp

Reaction score
Wheels

I would say BBS - Gold - 3 piece The rare german made variety preferred and not the replica type. I am certain someone will pipe up with some photos and/or other opinions.

damienh

Reaction score
Hey Ran. Yes I appreciate the work put in to the colour chart, which is why I gave my input. All I can say is I don't believe any of the "greens" should have any hint of blue in them, as the turquoise (Turkis) colour does. I'll let you know if I can do anything to make it better.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Bob (with the slightly expensive '71CSi project in Santa Barbara, CA) has these BBS wheels in Silver that the Rial copied on his Euro 635...They don't look much better IMHO but are stronger and lighter.

Damien...That's very true! These early metallics look differently on different days in the same location...that's what so cool about them IMHO ... it's also a factor that the painters (working under today's EPA laws making single-stage painting illegal) may have had seventeen Corona's prior to mixing the second batch...

As Forrest Gump said most accurately... life is a box of chocolates and you never know what you're gonna get next!

Cheers!