Plastic door panel "umbrella"

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those plastic dozers that twist into the door card and snap into the door.
My driver's door card constantly pops off. I think if I change the umbrellas it will be fixed BUT I noticed that there seem to be corresponding plastic receivers in the door itself.
Some of these are missing.

I can find the umbrella but not the plastic piece that pops into the holes in the door.

Any ideas?

61porsche

Reaction score
Walloth

sells them. However, it's been observed not to use both the green clips and the sleeves together. The green clips are slightly larger.( Actually there are several sizes of those clips.)

For the really difficult clips that like to pop out of the cards- a little hot glue perhaps?

61porsche

Reaction score
Perhaps

cutting enough off the sleeve, it's tip, so the clip slides farther and grabs the end of the sleeve.( Kinda like the door lock rod ferrules) Otherwise you have to buy the new sleeves and the corresponding clips.

I think if you treat the back of the cards, have the plastic vapor barrier, etc. you're pretty good. I have had trouble with the corners at the weatherstripping front end.( bottom hinge area) when the door closes and rubs till its free. Kinda like that door check sleeve being a lttle loose. Annoying to me only.

I have some of both conditions ( clips on , clips with sleeves.) They are not universal but BMW.looking at Steeles catalog or the like, there are small diameter differences that don't allow the interefernce fit to work as they once did.

DQ did a write up once I think. He went through the same issue.